Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from .1.4.x to 1.5.10, pictures missing  (Read 6808 times)

El Gordito

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrade from .1.4.x to 1.5.10, pictures missing
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

Greetings

I had an old site running from 1.4.x. I don't know which one it was, but the last upgrade was about 1 and half years ago. I upgraded to 1.5.10, everything went well during the upgrade, not a single error. With the upgrade done, 2 things happened:

1) I can't see a single picture. The albums are there, the pictures too, but all of them appear with a "thumb_nopic.png".

2) In the config menu, this also appears:
    * The value you have set for «The content of the main page» is invalid, please review it.
    * The value you have set for «Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility» is invalid, please review it.

My main page content is "alblist" as it always was. And I never used ImageMagick, always GD, so I don't get that either.

I've checked the config.inc.php, everything is correct. The update.php doesn't tell me anything's wrong.

Should I rebuild the entire photo gallery? I'm asking because I have limited resources in my VPS and only want to do this if it's a sure thing.

My photo gallery is located at:
Code: [Select]
www.lusowrestling.com/babes
In case it is working, be advised, it's mildly NSFW.

Thanks in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upgrade from .1.4.x to 1.5.10, pictures missing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:12:23 pm »

Can you please post some of your folder names? Do they have some other characters than a-z and 0-9?

I also noticed that your pictures seems not to be assigned to a user. Is your user tables still filled with all users?

El Gordito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:35:39 pm »

ashleymassaro ; candicemichelle; christiehemme ;. All a-z, with pictures with a-z and 0-9.

My pictures were all uploaded by me. I used a bridge with a forum but I disabled it with this new version. I'm the only user, I think.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

I used a bridge with a forum but I disabled it with this new version.
I'm not sure if that's the cause (honestly, I doubt that's the cause, but I simply don't know if). If you want you could try to adjust the owner_id in the pictures table to the user_id of your Coppermine user. Make a backup first for the case something goes wrong.

What happens when you upload new pictures? If it they will be displayed, what happens when you manipulate the owner_id to an id that doesn't exist?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »

Blimey, you've been spammed a bit - http://www.lusowrestling.com/babes/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2215#top_display_media

What process did you go through in upgrading? You followed the instructions fully? Did you uninstall all plugins first and disable the bridge first?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

El Gordito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:27:38 am »

I'm not sure if that's the cause (honestly, I doubt that's the cause, but I simply don't know if). If you want you could try to adjust the owner_id in the pictures table to the user_id of your Coppermine user. Make a backup first for the case something goes wrong.

I started the photogallery without the bridge activated, so there are pictures with both of my users ID (Coppermine and the forum one). None of them show up.

What happens when you upload new pictures? If it they will be displayed, what happens when you manipulate the owner_id to an id that doesn't exist?

I tried to do this now, but I can't upload new ones. In "Batch add files", it says: "There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes."
But I can see the folders names there, I just can't click them. Could this be something as simple as permissions? I've tried with 644, 666, even 777, nothing worked.

Blimey, you've been spammed a bit - http://www.lusowrestling.com/babes/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2215#top_display_media

Yes, I was. That was one of the reasons we ended the photogallery. It was a solution similar to pin down a nail with an atomic bomb, but the site died altogether a few months later, we were using too many resources and couldn't afford hosts that provided the resources we needed.

What process did you go through in upgrading? You followed the instructions fully? Did you uninstall all plugins first and disable the bridge first?

I followed the steps described here: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm . I didn't uninstall plugins, I merely disabled them, as well as the bridge. I did this before starting the upgrade script.

El Gordito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:43:41 am »

Ok, so a colleague of mine had a look at this and apparently it is fixed. He said he changed the group owner to apache and changed the album folders permissions to 744. A few thumbnails don't appear but they can be rebuilt easily.

Thank you for your help.

Caution: If you are having a look now, the pictures are NSFW.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:51 am »

Glad you managed to fix it. Apache ownership causes problems for many on all sorts of scripts and for some reason hosts support seem to struggle too. Well done.

If I was in your position I would delete all the comments then apply the capcha to the comments. That should effectively hinder all but the most persistent of spammers.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

El Gordito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 06:43:20 am »

If I was in your position I would delete all the comments then apply the capcha to the comments. That should effectively hinder all but the most persistent of spammers.

Done and done. Thank you once again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.