Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted MySQL db by mistake  (Read 4117 times)

reallove

• Coppermine newbie
    • Personal photo gallery
Deleted MySQL db by mistake
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:55:35 am »

Hello,
I know,this sounds bad and weird,but my sysadmin 'downgraded' the mysql and he forgot to backup users databases.The sadest thing is that me too I erased my backup by mistake a few days before.So,a dumb question :how can I re-create the cpg database?Because taking it from zero will be a pain in the ass (I had the gallery for about 5 months,and I added more than 650 pics on it).
Cheers,
Dan.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 05:12:05 pm by GauGau »
Dan/reallove

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Deleted MySQL db by mistake
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 09:08:11 am »

If you have no backup, you'll have to start from scratch (as with a fresh install). The only thing you still have are the pics within coppermine's albums folder, but there's no reference to them anymore in your db.
You would have gotten a much more detailed reply if you would not have posted on a board that is named "General discussion (no support!)" (I highlighted the important bits for you). Reply to this thread, posting what version of coppermine you're running - a moderator will then move this thread accordingly.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:31:39 am »

I'm still a neophyte at all of this so I may be wrong but,

Even though your sysadmin downgraded mysql, shouldn't the database still exist in the mysql/data folder?  It may not be readable or accessible with the downgraded database, but might still be there.
If that is the case, you could install a local server like Xampp onto  your computer, copy your files into the http folder it creates and copy the old database files into the mysql/data folder in your newly installed local server.  Get it running then backup.

If this is not the case, you may want to search online for a utility program (shareware trial is fine) that can retrieve deleted files from your harddrive.  As long as not too much activity has taken place where that file used to exist, there is still a good chance that it might be recoverable.  Just don't install the program in the same partition where your database backup was.

If I'm way off base with this, my appoligies.
Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

reallove

• Coppermine newbie
    • Personal photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:28:29 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys.
madeinhawaii :the server runs Linux Slackware on reiserfs partitions,so recovering the data is practicaly impossible.And even if it would be,the incident happened one week ago :(
GauGau :like my profile shows,I use cp 1.4,with the files updated from CVS.Sorry for posting that here,but I didn't know exactly if I need help or some advices,or to be sure that I can't do anything for recovering the gallery :)
Dan/reallove

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:11:55 pm »

cpg1.4.x goes unsupported!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.