Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom thumbnails for categories  (Read 2636 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
Custom thumbnails for categories
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:36 pm »

I received a tip on how to assign a custom thumbnail to objects within an album (e.g., a pdf, video, mp3, etc.).  It works great:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,68202.msg338118.html#msg338118

However, assigning thumbnails to categories appears to be limited to selections from objects within the album.  Is there a way to override that?  i.e., Here's a category "Ron Keij" with an icon selected from the album below the category under it ("The Convertible comes home"):

http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/index.php?cat=11

The category "Ron Keij" is under the category "Sport Fury".  For that category, I would like to assign the attached custom thumbnail.  In cases like this, I don't have a problem with a one-time ftp of the file - it will be infrequent, and not something I'll need for Gallery Admins to do.  But how can I replace a thumb, without breaking thumbnails that might appear under it?

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37

Re: Custom thumbnails for categories
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

It occurs to me that if I could actually add category pictures to underlying albums so that I could select their accompanying thumbnails - but, somehow hide them when you drill down to the album itself - that would achieve what I want to do.  But, I don't see that there's a way to do that.

Dan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:08 pm »

Haven't tested, but maybe it's possible to add a new album, set it to 'can be viewed by me only', upload your picture to that album and then use it at category thumbnail?

shortmort37

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »

Yes, that works, Andre - but only for administrators.  If you are logged in as a registered user, not only can't you see the album, but you don't see the icon on the category either  :'(

I guess my only other choice is to include an album icon for the sole purpose of providing category icons for categories above it; not ideal, but it might work.

I'm not averse to a custom hack, if someone thinks there might be one.  If not, I'll close the case.

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:07 am »

I'm not averse to a custom hack, if someone thinks there might be one.  If not, I'll close the case.

Guess not!  OK - closing the case, for now.  Perhaps a mod will soon pop up!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.