Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom thumbnails for categories  (Read 2635 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
Custom thumbnails for categories
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:36 pm »

I received a tip on how to assign a custom thumbnail to objects within an album (e.g., a pdf, video, mp3, etc.).  It works great:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,68202.msg338118.html#msg338118

However, assigning thumbnails to categories appears to be limited to selections from objects within the album.  Is there a way to override that?  i.e., Here's a category "Ron Keij" with an icon selected from the album below the category under it ("The Convertible comes home"):

http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/index.php?cat=11

The category "Ron Keij" is under the category "Sport Fury".  For that category, I would like to assign the attached custom thumbnail.  In cases like this, I don't have a problem with a one-time ftp of the file - it will be infrequent, and not something I'll need for Gallery Admins to do.  But how can I replace a thumb, without breaking thumbnails that might appear under it?

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37

Re: Custom thumbnails for categories
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

It occurs to me that if I could actually add category pictures to underlying albums so that I could select their accompanying thumbnails - but, somehow hide them when you drill down to the album itself - that would achieve what I want to do.  But, I don't see that there's a way to do that.

Dan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:08 pm »

Haven't tested, but maybe it's possible to add a new album, set it to 'can be viewed by me only', upload your picture to that album and then use it at category thumbnail?

shortmort37

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »

Yes, that works, Andre - but only for administrators.  If you are logged in as a registered user, not only can't you see the album, but you don't see the icon on the category either  :'(

I guess my only other choice is to include an album icon for the sole purpose of providing category icons for categories above it; not ideal, but it might work.

I'm not averse to a custom hack, if someone thinks there might be one.  If not, I'll close the case.

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:07 am »

I'm not averse to a custom hack, if someone thinks there might be one.  If not, I'll close the case.

Guess not!  OK - closing the case, for now.  Perhaps a mod will soon pop up!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.