Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users can't create albums in specified categories  (Read 8386 times)

mve

• Coppermine newbie
Users can't create albums in specified categories
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:33:36 pm »

Hi there,

Normally I try to stay away from these kinds of forums as most people just don't read the documentation well. However, this time I
did read the documentation well and I just can't figure something out.

I'd like users to be able to make new albums with (logically) new photo's. I bridged my Coppermine 1.5.8 installation with PhpBB 3.0.7-PL1.
I read the instructions so I made a new category where users should be able to make new albums. The odd thing is that the user (In the category Registered) is only able to upload files in a few other already existing albums. The new category (where I selected the user should be able to make new albums) isn't even listed! (pic 2). I would expect that in the Albumlist, another option like NEW ALBUM for the specified category should be available, but it isn't...

The Groups are set to Public Uploading: YES (2x).

What should I change so users can make an album and can upload files in that new album?

Thanks in advance,

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Users can't create albums in specified categories
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:44:43 pm »

The settings in the group manager doesn't matter in that case. All relevant settings are in the category manager. You selected both Guests and Registered. I assume you have more groups in your board? Which groups does your test user belongs to?

Maybe it's a bridging issue. Did you made a test with an unbridged Coppermine installation?

mve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:50:52 pm »

Yep, I did. I uploaded a whole new installation without bridging.

Registered users should have unlimited permissions to upload files in NEW albums (albums that they make themselves).
No matter how I set the permissions, they are still not allowed to upload files in self-created albums. However, they can upload in albums which are specifically set to their group. It seems the permissions in the group dialog just don't work!

Some users in the Registered group get a message they aren't allowed to upload anything (Which is odd, because they are in the Registered group. People in that group should be able to make albums in my test category TEST123).

Some users in the Registered group are only able to upload in some albums, but can't make new albums. There is no NEW ALBUM option listed on the UPLOAD page.

And yes, all users except the admin are in the Registered group. I tested it with Safari and Chrome on a Dutch Operating System (Default language is English, however automatically adjusted to operating system language).

I added screenshots to prove it! These screenshots are from an unbridged system.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:06 am »

Please post a link to your gallery and a test user account that is in the 'Registered' group.

mve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:29 am »

The gallery is located at http://www.dispuutramses.nl/ramsesfoto/
Username is: testuser
Password is: test

- The user Testuser in in the Registered group.
- I selected the group Registered as a group which should be able to create albums in that category.
- In the group manager, the rights for the Registered group are: Voting/e-cards/comments All YES; Upload public album: allowed without approval (so: first bullet to the left, second to the right). Public gallery: 2x NO; Access level: bottom bullet.
- I've uploaded some great wallpaper pictures in an album in the Test Category.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 11:46:38 am »

That's a bug, that has already been reported and fixed.

mve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:22 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I thought I downloaded the newest version. Should I manually edit the files to solve this bug?

mve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 01:20:53 pm »

Well, I figured it out myself. Download the new files and uploaded them.
Now users can make new albums and upload files in them.

However, although a particular category has been selected and files are uploaded in the category, the category stays empty and a user gallery (in the category User Galleries) is added, where the album is listed. Nobody is allowed to make private user galleries.

I just downloaded the new files and uploaded (replaced old versions) to the corresponding directories.

User: test1
PW: test

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »

Either you replace all Coppermine files or just apply the changes of revision 7856.

However, although a particular category has been selected and files are uploaded in the category, the category stays empty and a user gallery (in the category User Galleries) is added, where the album is listed.
I can confirm your issue, but please don't mix 'albums' and 'categories'. You cannot upload files to categories in Coppermine.

mve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »

I can confirm your issue,

Well, then this is a real bug isn't it?
I'll stay away from Coppermine, till a new *stable* version is out.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 02:25:51 pm »

I can confirm the issue on your gallery. It works as expected in my local testbed. So you can wait for the next package (which should be released in the next days), or
Either you replace all Coppermine files or just apply the changes of revision 7856.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.