Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearing Images and Thumbnails in Batch Upload  (Read 1842 times)

StrongEagle

• Coppermine newbie
Disappearing Images and Thumbnails in Batch Upload
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:27 am »

Hello, I've got the problem of no thumbnails (alt text only) and images don't display.  Additionally, the album exhibits the following behaviors:

a)  Icons for movies, mp3's, etc appear but movies will not play
b)  Attempting to read a document, in this case an xls document, results in a "Forbidden, You do not have permission to access this document" message.

I have searched for disappearing images and thumbnails and found several posts which provide a solution of removing the .htaccess file from the CPG file structure.

I've got lots of .htaccess files on my server but ZERO .htaccess files anywhere in Coppermine directories.

A few more background notes:

a)  Linux server and CPG dir is named 'pix'.
b)  The batch upload directory in question was symlinked into albums as noted below

Photos located at:  /herbhost.com/httpdocs/miscimg

I executed the following symlink while in /herbhost.com/pix/albums directory

ln -s /var/www/vhosts/herbhost.com/httpdocs/miscimg miscimg

c)  The batch upload seemed to work fine when I selected the symlined directory
d)  The thumbnails, normal images, etc are all found in miscimg.
e)  I created a test user (name = testuser, pass = testuser) who can upload.  I upload one file... it looks OK.

So, don't know if I have a symlink problem or other.

TIA.

StrongEagle

• Coppermine newbie
SOLVED: Disappearing Images and Thumbnails in Batch Upload
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:29:52 am »

This issue has nothing to do with Coppermine.  The files were owned by root since I transferred them to my new ISP with scp.

They need to be owned by me... the user.  Once I did this for the files and the symlink, all is good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.