Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpBB 3.x bridging problem  (Read 6629 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
phpBB 3.x bridging problem
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:42:23 am »

I set up my Coppermine gallery at 59plymouth.net/59gallery, independent of my 3.0 phpBB forum at 59plymouth.net/59forum. My administrative credentials are identical.  Both are working fine.

I enabled bridging, and was directed to authenticate at .../59forum.  I did; but, when I go to 59plymouth.net/59gallery/groupmgr.php, I'm not logged in - and, I'm informed "Error - you don't have permission to edit this page".

I have no problems disabling the bridge via bridgemgr.php.  But, I can't gain administrative access to the gallery with it enabled.  Can someone help me diagnose my problem?

Dan

Nibbler

Re: phpBB 3.x bridging problem
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:15:32 am »

shortmort37

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and phpBB:

I set up my Coppermine gallery at 59plymouth.net/59gallery, independent of my 3.0 phpBB forum at 59plymouth.net/59forum. My administrative credentials are identical.  Both are working fine.
I made the change to ucp.php; but, while I upgraded from a late version of 2.x phpBB to one of the earliest versions of 3.0 phpBB, I could find no phpbb3.inc.php.
I enabled bridging, and was directed to authenticate at .../59forum.  I did; but, when I go to 59plymouth.net/59gallery/groupmgr.php, I'm not logged in - and, I'm informed "Error - you don't have permission to edit this page".  If I simply attempt to login to the gallery, I am redirected to the phpBB login page, and I relogin; lather, rinse, repeat.
I have no problems disabling the bridge via bridgemgr.php.  But, I can't gain administrative access to the gallery with it enabled.

Coppermine install: http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery
Bridging app install: http://www.59plymouth.net/59forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.5.8
Bridging app version: phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
Test user account: cpgtest/cpgtest
BridgeManager settings:
Bridge app URL:  http://www.59plymouth.net/59forum
Relative path to your bridge app's config file:  ../.
Cookie name or prefix:  phpbb3_f717h
Use post-based groups?:  ?  I don't think so - not sure what this means

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »

You have your forum configured wrong. It's set to the domain "59sportfury.net" somewhere. This means the cookies it sets are not valid for the domain it's actually on.

shortmort37

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »

Oops - yes, 59plymouth.net is aliased to 59sportfury.net.  While the board is registered at 59plymouth.net, the cookie domain was not - it is now set to ".59plymouth.net".  Thank you for identifying that problem.

I disabled the bridge, purged my cache and deleted all cookies; I then reenabled the bridge.  I'm still observing the same behavior, though.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:02:10 pm »

OK, the cookie domain is fine but the path is not. You need to set it to "/" so that the cookies are made available to Coppermine.

shortmort37

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:26 pm »

Ohmigosh!  That fixed it.  Thanks so much!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.