Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpBB 3.x bridging problem  (Read 6630 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
phpBB 3.x bridging problem
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:42:23 am »

I set up my Coppermine gallery at 59plymouth.net/59gallery, independent of my 3.0 phpBB forum at 59plymouth.net/59forum. My administrative credentials are identical.  Both are working fine.

I enabled bridging, and was directed to authenticate at .../59forum.  I did; but, when I go to 59plymouth.net/59gallery/groupmgr.php, I'm not logged in - and, I'm informed "Error - you don't have permission to edit this page".

I have no problems disabling the bridge via bridgemgr.php.  But, I can't gain administrative access to the gallery with it enabled.  Can someone help me diagnose my problem?

Dan

Nibbler

Re: phpBB 3.x bridging problem
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:15:32 am »

shortmort37

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and phpBB:

I set up my Coppermine gallery at 59plymouth.net/59gallery, independent of my 3.0 phpBB forum at 59plymouth.net/59forum. My administrative credentials are identical.  Both are working fine.
I made the change to ucp.php; but, while I upgraded from a late version of 2.x phpBB to one of the earliest versions of 3.0 phpBB, I could find no phpbb3.inc.php.
I enabled bridging, and was directed to authenticate at .../59forum.  I did; but, when I go to 59plymouth.net/59gallery/groupmgr.php, I'm not logged in - and, I'm informed "Error - you don't have permission to edit this page".  If I simply attempt to login to the gallery, I am redirected to the phpBB login page, and I relogin; lather, rinse, repeat.
I have no problems disabling the bridge via bridgemgr.php.  But, I can't gain administrative access to the gallery with it enabled.

Coppermine install: http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery
Bridging app install: http://www.59plymouth.net/59forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.5.8
Bridging app version: phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
Test user account: cpgtest/cpgtest
BridgeManager settings:
Bridge app URL:  http://www.59plymouth.net/59forum
Relative path to your bridge app's config file:  ../.
Cookie name or prefix:  phpbb3_f717h
Use post-based groups?:  ?  I don't think so - not sure what this means

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »

You have your forum configured wrong. It's set to the domain "59sportfury.net" somewhere. This means the cookies it sets are not valid for the domain it's actually on.

shortmort37

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »

Oops - yes, 59plymouth.net is aliased to 59sportfury.net.  While the board is registered at 59plymouth.net, the cookie domain was not - it is now set to ".59plymouth.net".  Thank you for identifying that problem.

I disabled the bridge, purged my cache and deleted all cookies; I then reenabled the bridge.  I'm still observing the same behavior, though.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:02:10 pm »

OK, the cookie domain is fine but the path is not. You need to set it to "/" so that the cookies are made available to Coppermine.

shortmort37

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:26 pm »

Ohmigosh!  That fixed it.  Thanks so much!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.