Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple upload like v1.4.xx  (Read 15672 times)

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
Multiple upload like v1.4.xx
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:48 pm »

Is there a way with v1.5.8 to have multiple image upload like the old v1.4.xx where you could upload 5 images and then click continue and individually choose what gallery, title, description, keywords, etc.  I like that older way than the flash upload and the one at a time upload method. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Multiple upload like v1.4.xx
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:01:49 am »

Is there a way with v1.5.8 to have multiple image upload like the old v1.4.xx where you could upload 5 images and then click continue and individually choose what gallery, title, description, keywords, etc.
No.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:10:03 am »

You can do multiple upload per album.

Click upload file / choose the album you want to put the pics in / Click browse / Select the files you want to upload, if more than one just hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard to select the five images you want. / Wait for them to finish uploading, and then click continue as normal.

Enter the details for each image, and don't forget to click apply changes. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:45:19 am »

That's not what he asked for ;)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 11:00:31 am »

That's not what he asked for ;)

Andre, yes I realise that, but from the sound of it the OP doesn't realise that you can upload multiple images at all.  Other than the selecting the album part it's the same as before.   I just wanted to point that out. ;)

I like that older way than the flash upload and the one at a time upload method. 

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:19:20 am »

Thanks for the replies. 

I didn't realize the multiple upload via flash by holding cntl, but that still doesn't work for my application.  Is there any reason why they did away with the 1.4xx way of uploading?   ???

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:55 am »

The flash uploader was considered to be much faster for users wanting to upload lots of files. There were a lot of people asking for this. The drawback is that guests cannot enter file details but registered users can.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 09:13:34 am »

The drawback is that guests cannot enter file details but registered users can.
That's possible, but disabled by default:
If you allow guests to upload files to your gallery, they won't be able to add file details. This feature has been disabled as it's not possible to identify the user without fail (see thread). Additionally it may attract spammers to add textual content to your gallery. If you want to enable that feature anyway, find Coppermine's configuration table in the database and change the value of allow_guests_enter_file_details to '1'.

ramndump, either you use the simple upload form where you can
individually choose what gallery, title, description, keywords, etc.
or use the new flash uploader if you want to add more than one file at a time to the same album. Afaik we added the necessary plugin hooks to add your own upload method. So maybe you can create (or pay somebody) to add the 'cpg1.4.x multiple upload' method.

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »

OK thanks again for the replies.  I will quietly hack away at it and if I make any headway I will post my findings.

Thanks

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 10:23:59 pm »

WOW. there is over 2500 lines of code in the upload.php file for 1.4 and over 1050 lines of code for 1.5!  Since I am NO programmer this might be a dead end road. 

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

In the help txt for upload choices says

"There might be other choices you can choose. If so, these come from plugins you have installed. The basic Coppermine options are the two listed above. For assistance on any other upload methods, please check your plugins and their documentation."

I searched the 1.5xx plugins and didn't see any upload plugins available.  Am I missing any? 

Also can anyone willing give me an estimated charge to implement old 1.4xx style upload feature to 1.5xx?

ramndump

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 02:58:23 am »

I have been told they added the necessary plugin hooks to add your own upload method to 1.5xx.  Anyone have any documentation I could resort to to work on bringing back the 1.4xx multiple upload method.

Thanks,
LStout

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

Anyone have any documentation I could resort to to work on bringing back the 1.4xx multiple upload method.
That's explained here but since it's part of developer documentation, it's provided without support (= no questions on it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.