Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: probplem with custom thumbnails  (Read 2768 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
probplem with custom thumbnails
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »

I'm trying to follow the instructions as shown in the first attachment - but, I never do see anything that looks like the graphic shown there.  Perhaps I'm uploading through the incorrect webpage...  At any rate, I attempt to execute the instructions as best I can.

I first upload a jpeg that's a snapshot from my flash movie (second attachment).
Then I upload the movie itself (third attachment).  The movie inherits the thumb!  That's good.
However, both the jpeg and the flv appear in the "edit files" page (fourth attachment) - and...
When I view the album, I see both the jpeg and the flv (fifth attachment).

Somehow, I'm missing the point.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?  My gallery is www.59plymouth.net/59gallery.

adTHANKSvance
Dan

Nibbler

Re: probplem with custom thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »

You are not supposed to add the thumbnail to your gallery, just upload it to the same directory as the movie via FTP.

shortmort37

Re: problem with custom thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

I'm hoping to enlist help from other trusted friends on my forum to set up galleries, and some of the content will be multimedia.  I was hoping to permit them to assign custom thumbs to non-images, without granting them ftp access to my entire site - i.e., through the GUI.

The documentation suggests this is possible - unless I'm missing the point.  What is being described in Section 4.9.2?

Dan

shortmort37

Re: probplem with custom thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 05:18:28 pm »

Just to add, for clarification:  The ability to manage custom thumbs through the GUI, instead of ftp, are three that immediately come to mind:

1)  The thumb gets created by Coppermine, instead of having to resort to an external program;
2)  The upload takes place in the same context, again - instead of having to resort to an external program like FileZilla; and
3)  While it doesn't prevent malicious damage, which you don't expect from your friends  :o  It does prevent inadvertent damage.

So I'm really interested to know, what it is that's being described in Section 4.9.2.

Dan

Nibbler

shortmort37

Re: problem with custom thumbnails
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:46:07 pm »

Perfect!  Just what the doctor ordered.  Of course, my movie isn't playing - but, that's for a different topic!

Thanks...
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.