Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same Login for multiple galleries  (Read 8373 times)

Memor-X

• Coppermine newbie
Same Login for multiple galleries
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:04:25 am »

with my site, we're going to have 3 galleries, slightly different in how they are set up (one allows movies, one that doesn't allow comments, one which syncs up to a section or the site (requiring modification of certain files))

we want users to be able to log into all 3 with one account, so if they register on one, they register on all 3, and they only have to log into 1 to log into all 3, i tried bridging to our PHPBB3 forum but my friend who will take over control of the galleries once the inital setup is done doesn't get admin rights, she's a Global Moderator (which on our forum, is the exact same as the admin) and even when i put her into the Administrator group, it still didn't give her the rights to make new albums.

since each gallery will have it's own set of tables i was thinking that our idea might work if all 3 galleries used 1 users table and groups table but i'm not sure how to do that in these

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Same Login for multiple galleries
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:14:49 pm »

Bridging is the correct approach imo. We should try to figure out why she doesn't get admin privileges (which should be the case for members of the administrators group).

Memor-X

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:31 am »

well like i said her role of Global Moderator is for display, it's her default group so her name is in a different color to mine, her permissions are identical to mine so anything i can do she can do, after we bridge the galleries to the forum, i get the add album, config, admin tools ect. in the top of my GUI (using the default theme) but for her, she has what i believe to be the standard user menu, without the admin options at the top, ofcause when we unbridged the galleries from the forum her permissions was restored and she had access to all the admin options

just wondering, how does the coppermine gallery know who's an admin anyway, i know it would check if they are a member but how does the gallery tell if the group is the admin group cause i know it can't be by name since 2 groups could have the exact same name but could be still different

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:47:02 am »

Edit bridge/phpbb3.inc.php and add in the group ids you want to be admins.

Code: [Select]
$this->admingroups = array(5);

Memor-X

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:24:38 am »

i added the Global Moderator group into the array and now she has the permissions, though it was strange that she wasn't getting them even though i had her in the admin group also, i took her out of the admin group now and she still has the permission so everything is ok now, thank you for all your help

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:43:15 am »

I have the same problem, 3 galleries on same domain but no forum available for bridging; I tried to modify includes\init.inc.php

$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']   = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'pictures';
$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']     = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'albums';
$CONFIG['TABLE_COMMENTS']   = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'comments';
$CONFIG['TABLE_CATEGORIES'] = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'categories';
$CONFIG['TABLE_CONFIG']     = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'config';
$CONFIG['TABLE_USERGROUPS'] = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'usergroups';
$CONFIG['TABLE_VOTES']      = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'votes';
$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']      = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'users';
$CONFIG['TABLE_BANNED']     = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'banned';
$CONFIG['TABLE_EXIF']       = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'exif';
$CONFIG['TABLE_FILETYPES']  = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'filetypes';
$CONFIG['TABLE_ECARDS']     = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'ecards';
$CONFIG['TABLE_TEMPDATA']   = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'temp_data';
$CONFIG['TABLE_FAVPICS']    = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'favpics';
$CONFIG['TABLE_BRIDGE']     = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'bridge';
$CONFIG['TABLE_VOTE_STATS'] = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'vote_stats';
$CONFIG['TABLE_HIT_STATS']  = $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'].'hit_stats';

changing users links  to the "master" database; teoretically it should work, if I create a new registration from gallery 2 and 3 the user is created rightly on master gallery 1, but during login the user is not recognized, why?
Login.php doesnt refer to init.inc.php to check users?

Please could you help me? It's very important for our website, 3 registrations and 3 logins are extremely uncomfortable for our users  :( and I can't make a single gallery because every gallery has different permission upload (only files, only images, different compression values for jpg)

Thank'you!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:20 pm »

Please show us your modification. I doubt that it will work between different databases by just modifying that code part. But it should work if you'd use the same database, but different table prefixes for your galleries. Then you could hard-code a table prefix to each include/init.inc.php file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.