Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Empty Gallery after upgrade  (Read 3669 times)

thefancarpet

• Coppermine newbie
Empty Gallery after upgrade
« on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:50 am »

Hi

This may have been covered before but I couldn't find it, basically what I am doing is trying to restore a Coppermine Photo Gallery. I have gone through all the correct procedures, including running the installer successfully but the problem is that it is not seeing the images in the gallery and I'm not sure why, What I need it to do is read the data in a database that is already there to show the images in the gallery, but everything I have tried it just doesn't seem to want to play nice.

I have ran the Coppermine (1.5.8) Installer successfully and the gallery is here: www.natalie-p.org/gallery at the moment it is connected to a fresh new database with no data inside it because I have the database backed up that has all the data, and when I try to import the database from back up I get an error, I don't know enough about this to know what the error is telling me, but basically all the data is in a database called nataliep_images2 but for some reason I can't connect straight to that so I have had to make a new database called nataliep_images3 I'm not sure where to go to just change the database it is reading (or if that is even possible) so I've not tried that but I have tried importing the contents of images2 into images3 and at first I got an error saying that it couldn't import the data because the tables existed, so I deleted the tables and re imported, the re import was a success until I looked at the gallery and it said 'Fatal Error:' with no indication what the error was, so I just ran the installer again with a fresh database, and the installer for coppermine 1.5.8 populated, so now I have a gallery but no images will display.

Can someone help? thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Empty Gallery after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:37:06 am »

I'm not sure where to go to just change the database it is reading (or if that is even possible)
include/config.inc.php

If it was a cpg1.4.x database, you'll have to run update.php additionally.

basically what I am doing is trying to restore a Coppermine Photo Gallery
Then the cpg1.5 upgrading board is the wrong place to start such topics imo. ::)

For your next reply, PLEASE use punctuation, as your first post is almost unreadable.

thefancarpet

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Empty Gallery after upgrade
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:11 pm »

Awesome. Thank you Αndré :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.