Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memory usage of cpg  (Read 2378 times)

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
Memory usage of cpg
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:18:58 pm »

Hello everyone,

I am not too sure whether this is the right place to ask my question. Feel free to move anywhere more suitable....

On my server I have a memory limit of 40M, and I cannot increase it (other than changing the provider....). This leads (coppermine-wise) to the following limitations:
a) my users cannot upload pictures > ~3000pixels on the long side, as the resizing for the normals and thumbs would need too much mem
b) the zip-download of the favorites is limited to only a few files

I'd like to see which applications (normally there shouldn't be anthing runing but coppermine. I also made once a Joomla install, but it's not used any more) take how much memory. Is this possible? Can I also see how much mem is used by different plugins? Are there other possibilities to free up mem than just using as few plugins as possible?

Thanks so much in advance for any hints.

Best, Peter

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Memory usage of cpg
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:02 pm »

The memory usage is shown in the debug output of Coppermine. Afaik it's not possible to view directly how much memory the plugins use.

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Memory usage of cpg
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:40:31 pm »

Cool, thanks for the answer!

So now I know that my config uses between 5-7MB. Should leave some 30-35MB for generation of thumbs/normals, since my server has a mem limit of 40M.

However, already those pics with ~3500 pixels on the long side, that result in about 24MB mem usage, cannot be handled by my server. Probably the GDlib takes quite some resources itself....

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.