Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Albums but photos still there after upgrading  (Read 3789 times)

aamoranx

• Coppermine newbie
Missing Albums but photos still there after upgrading
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:41:38 am »

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest version 1.5.8 I am on Bluehost.com and upgraded using Fantastico. The site is missing all the Album layouts and there doesn't seem to be any Admin functionality . When you click on the Albums you get nothing but when you click on Top Rated you actually see some of the photos. http://www.aidanmoran.com/copper/index.php?cat=0 is the web site. Help,  Ideas??

Thanks

Aidan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Missing Albums but photos still there after upgrading
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »

upgraded using Fantastico
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/auto-installers.htm

Please perform a manual upgrade as that's the only way we can support.

You're using a theme that is not compatible with cpg1.5.x. If I change to curve, an error message appears. Please enable debug mode, so we can see the real error message.

aamoranx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:44:06 am »

Andre,
Thanks, I uploaded version 1.5.8 into www.aidanmoran.com/copper and it can't find the old database.  So I uploaded a new version of Coppermine in to a new folder www.aidanmoran.com/copper2 and it seems to work fine, except it is obviously empty. So now I would like to link my old database to the new version. Is this possible ? If so where is the old database stored (file name, extension ??) and how would I import it or link it to the new version. Thanks Aidan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:58 am »

it can't find the old database
Coppermine cannot auto-detect existing databases. You have to know the credentials (they are stored in include/config.inc.php of your 'old' gallery) and adjust it properly in your 'new' gallery. Seems that you deleted that file?

So now I would like to link my old database to the new version. Is this possible ?
Yes.

where is the old database stored (file name, extension ??)
Ask Bluehost

how would I import it or link it to the new version
You just need to adjust include/config.inc.php.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.