Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTML editor for user comments  (Read 2865 times)

willy2010

• Coppermine novice
HTML editor for user comments
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:11:24 pm »

Hi, here my second question :-)

I'd like to change the user's comments editor component  with an html editor. I'm a programmer but php is  unknown enough to me !  Can anyone give me some tips and /or indications about which php module/s need to be changed and how to construct and html editor component or at least where can i find documentation about this issue ?  Thank you

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: HTML editor for user comments
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:49:42 am »

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, as we don't allow HTML in comments.

willy2010

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, as we don't allow HTML in comments.

OK about HTML and, I suppose the non suitable to use rich text, does it? . The component I wish is something like a "blackboard"  (more than 1 edit line shown ) where you can write down your comment using newlines and see all comment before confirming...  Is possible to enlarge the actual edit comment component ? I'v tried a newline and the comment was inserted (auto-confirmed) ...  thank you Andre. I'm asking in order to learn more and improve Coppermine by myself . I don't know if it's already available but I've translated the italian.php lang file (the front-end at the moment)  and is at your disposal.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 10:17:22 pm »

The component I wish is something like a "blackboard"  (more than 1 edit line shown ) where you can write down your comment using newlines
I assume you're searching for that plugin.

willy2010

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:58 pm »

I assume you're searching for that plugin.

oh, could be... I'm trying to install but I can't do it ... I'll try to contact who wrote it. Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.