Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protect image url?  (Read 4858 times)

dudah84

• Coppermine newbie
Protect image url?
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:20:27 am »

I just want to know if anyone has made a mod to hide the image urls?

what I want to do is basically have a php file that checks for a login and usergroup and then returns the image requested
Example
showimage.php?photo=/userpics/10001/normal_picture.jpg
will return the image itself, not a html page with the image in it (the php will set the header as mime type jpg)

The reason I want to do this is that I allow guests to see all photos in thumbnail and intermediate sizes, intermediate watermarked. However I have a upgraded usergroup of users that can see the full size image without the watermark. The problem with that arrangement as it is in coppermine is that any guest can find the url for, for example, the thumbnail, and then simply remove the thumb_ prefix and see the full sized unwatermarked photo.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Protect image url?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:10:34 pm »

Such a plugin doesn't exist yet afaik. If you want to create that plugin we maybe have to add new plugin hooks (haven't looked or tried if it's already possible with the available hooks).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.