Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload, missing indicator showing picture already added  (Read 11812 times)

pelle900

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload, missing indicator showing picture already added
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:43:31 am »

Hi guys,

I upgraded from 1.4.10 to 1.5.8 and got a bit confused concerning the "batch add" function.

I run W2K3 so I can't use the "Browsable batch-add interface" which sadly has not been working in Windows servers since the first version I tried, 1.4.10.

In the Batch add function in 1.4.10 you saw immediately if you already had the picture in the gallery and it did not try to import them again but in 1.5.8 it attempts to add all files in the folder even if they already are in the database,  which is a bit annoying. Why even try to add them again?

I see now in my new test-installation that it works OK, no dupes are created, but I have also another installation that I have moved from an IIS server to my W2K3 Apache server, upgraded from 1.4.10 to 1.5.8 and then when I try to add more pictures to already existing folders, it looks like it finds "new old" files and add them with dupes as the results. It's a very old and messy picture gallery so it might be dupe files added to it after the last import that was done so I should not blame Coppermine for the dupes yet.

In the attached file is the view when I batch add pictures the second round in the same folder with the same pictures that are already in the gallery.
It would be good to get back the "already in the gallery" visible indication.

http://sm4xiu.eu/photogallery/
login/pass: test/test

Also, I had a small hell to make ImageMagick to work with Coppermine on my Windows server but it had an easy solution in the well known "Program Files" issue many applications have. The true path to the application is c:\Program Files\ImageMagick but must be written with "8.3-style" in mind C:/PROGRA~1/ImageMagick/ as soon as it is a "space" involved in the path.

Regards,

Pelle

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch Upload, missing indicator showing picture already added
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:08 am »

it attempts to add all files in the folder even if they already are in the database
Has already been fixed in svn repository (see thread)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch Upload, missing indicator showing picture already added
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:31 am »

Also, I had a small hell to make ImageMagick to work with Coppermine on my Windows server but it had an easy solution in the well known "Program Files" issue many applications have. The true path to the application is c:\Program Files\ImageMagick but must be written with "8.3-style" in mind C:/PROGRA~1/ImageMagick/ as soon as it is a "space" involved in the path.
Maybe we should update that part of the docs accordingly?
Quote from: configuration.htm
This path must not contain any spaces under Windows so that it will not put ImageMagick in the "Program files" directory.

pelle900

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the replies,

Strange that I did not find anything while searching but it's all about what you put into the search engine so I most likely did not put the correct stuff in.

Yep, it works with the new searchnew.php from http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine?revision=7986&view=revision

No fix for "Browsable batch-add interface" for Windows installations in sight?
It must just be a simple interpret problem of the path somehow because it complain about that the albums-folder does not contain any sub-folders even if it does have sub-folders.

BR,

Per

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

No fix for "Browsable batch-add interface" for Windows installations in sight?
It must just be a simple interpret problem of the path somehow because it complain about that the albums-folder does not contain any sub-folders even if it does have sub-folders.
Please start a new thread in the bugs board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.