Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not using intermediate images.  (Read 9745 times)

dahvoo

• Coppermine newbie
Not using intermediate images.
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:17:11 am »

Am I correct to say that if I upload without creating intermediate images, the gallery will just show the full size images from the thumbnails?

I have since stop creating intermediate images when uploading pix. (this cuts down the number of files to be saved. My shared hosting puts a limit on the number of files, not size of file). So I see that clicking on the thumbnail goes straight to the full size.

All my previous uploads have intermediate images, can I just delete all the intermediate images? (to reduce number of files) How to do this, safely?

Is there a function at Admin, where I can resize (reduce) the full images?

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Not using intermediate images.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 12:37:42 pm »

Board rules / Forum policies: One Question per Thread

Am I correct to say that if I upload without creating intermediate images, the gallery will just show the full size images from the thumbnails?
If you don't create intermediate sized pictures, the full-sized picture will be resized, depending on your setting. There's also a setting that goes directly from the thumbnail view to the full-sized view. We decide between thumbnail, intermediate and full-size view. That doesn't imply, that we skip the intermediate sized view. Instead, the full-sized picture will be displayed at the intermediate view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.