Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ...and I messed up as well  (Read 4401 times)

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
...and I messed up as well
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:54:47 pm »

Hi everybody,

I tried to migrate from 1.4.27 to 1.5.8

I proceded as advised here http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm#upgrade_any, i.e.
- deactivated all currently used plugins
- made backups of the sql-database and all the contents on the server via ftp
- uploaded all 1.5.8 contents on the server, overwriting existing files, except the albums folder, anycontent.php and config.php
- ran update.php

On the following screen the update seemed to have worked (many lines, all ending with "OK" -- tb honest, I didn't read till the end), but the gallery was broken: the category structure, albums and pictures were still in place, but there was no menu bar, everything was written in times new roman font on plain white background, obviously no theme was being used, I couldn't access admin functions etc.

Thus, reading the "okay, I messed up" thread (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67673.0.html) I just
- deleted any content on my server again, except the albums folder, anycontent.php and config.php
- uploaded all 1.5.8 content once again
- ran update.php

and now it just says "Coppermine Photo Gallery seems not to be installed correctly, or you are running coppermine for the first time. You'll be redirected to the installer." And voila, I am in the middle of going through the installer when I get the feeling that following this path might lead to deleting the sql database, so I stopped. As far as I can judge the sql-database is  still in good order, all tables are still named cpg14x_xxx. Anyhow, I have dump of it, being produced by the Backup v2.3-plugin.

So, what next now?

Nibbler

Re: ...and I messed up as well
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:50 pm »

Means you deleted include/config.inc.php. Upload your old copy from the backup.

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: ...and I messed up as well
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:15:00 am »

Great -- that solved the problem, thanks a lot!!

Cheers, Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.