Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question Regarding Batch Add Process  (Read 7347 times)

Brooklyn

• Coppermine novice
Question Regarding Batch Add Process
« on: October 24, 2010, 02:09:02 pm »

Greetings,

Please explain the benefit of displaying pictures already processed and added to the gallery along with new photos awaiting processing. I never quite understood this feature, and personally consider it (for the benefit of uploading NEW images) a distraction, a waste of resources and quite unnecessary.

Wouldn't it benefit all to include an option in config to either enable (all) and/or only (new) files within a given selected directory? Why should we wait for an entire directory/folder listing to load when we really need only view and process new files awaiting processing?

Thanks for any consideration.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Question Regarding Batch Add Process
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 02:32:03 pm »

Is this a feature request? If yes, you should have posted this topic to the Feature requests board. If not, please post a link to your gallery as requested by board rules.

Brooklyn

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »

I'm well aware of the rules regarding support, however, I am not in need of support. This is a general question pertaining to the batch add process of Coppermine and is in no-way specific to my particular installation.

However, in the interest of fair play, and since you insist, I shall provide the link to my gallery:

http://localhost/cpg15x/index.php

I wouldn't go so far as to call my questions a "feature request", as I believe the "feature" already exists and works against ease-of-flow navigation during the upload process.

Yet, I don't believe you are qualified to answer my question and respectfully defer to either Andre, Phil or JM or any of the other more qualified Dev Team members.

Thanks for your interest.

Brooklyn

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 06:24:26 pm »

I see Andre decided to move this post to what he considers a more appropriate forum, and ignore the actual question in the process. Completely dismissing the reason for the post, merely performing administrative tasks instead. Quite a waste of both our time.

Par for the course here, as usual.

I withdraw my question and say to "papukaija", GFYS, I've never liked you or your attitude since the day you arrived here. You fit right in here with the others who think their shit doesn't stink. You are as useful here as a automated bot posting a rule nag response. Why don't you keep your canned responses to yourself for a change, you big mouthed, arrogant do-nothing, knowledge-less SOB. You are a "contributor". That's a step above "tester". Go contribute, and keep yourself out of "support" and "administrative" threads.

Actually, I've had it with this program, and most of you people. There's always something going awry after an update, always a new problem that needs to be fixed after another is supposedly fixed. A process that makes using this software a true PITA. One of the very few open source apps that must be constantly and perpetually babysat, and from a group of people who still, after years of such messages, haven't learned to pull the stick out from their asses and treat people with respect. Not an inconvenience to your day.

Delete and ban my account. I'm done here. Again.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »

I see Andre decided to move this post to what he considers a more appropriate forum, and ignore the actual question in the process.

No, I moved the topic because it is a feature request and in my opinion a good one too.

At the moment the folders remain visible for the simple convenience of being able to add files to other albums.

To add a config option as you wish means changing parts of cpg 1.5.x that will not be revised, one specific example would be the language file sets.

=====

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:28 am »

I withdraw my question and say to "papukaija", GFYS, I've never liked you or your attitude since the day you arrived here. You fit right in here with the others who think their shit doesn't stink. You are as useful here as a automated bot posting a rule nag response. Why don't you keep your canned responses to yourself for a change, you big mouthed, arrogant do-nothing, knowledge-less SOB. You are a "contributor". That's a step above "tester". Go contribute, and keep yourself out of "support" and "administrative" threads.

Actually, I've had it with this program, and most of you people. There's always something going awry after an update, always a new problem that needs to be fixed after another is supposedly fixed. A process that makes using this software a true PITA. One of the very few open source apps that must be constantly and perpetually babysat, and from a group of people who still, after years of such messages, haven't learned to pull the stick out from their asses and treat people with respect. Not an inconvenience to your day.

Delete and ban my account. I'm done here. Again.
OK then. Go away and stay away, we're not ready to listen to people with your kind of attitude. Locking.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:48:42 am »

it is a feature request and in my opinion a good one too.
Agree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.