Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H264 MP4 video support  (Read 3778 times)

Nizar

• Coppermine newbie
H264 MP4 video support
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:53:05 am »

Hello,

please move this to the proper category if im posting in the wrong place.

I love the video support in Coppermine, ive been using it for a while for pictures for private use and ive just started to upload some videos to it.

I have couple of questions,

- Coppermine runs Divx, flv fine out of the box, but i would like to run a couple of home vidoes that are in H264 MP4 format, is there a way to play them in coppermine without the need to convert them to another format?
- Is it possible to change the default player from the Windows Media Player to something else? or is that user specific?
- This might not be related, but if a web application like Coppermine did not play a certain video format, does this *always* mean its a problem with the web application? or for example, apache2 or php has to support that certain video format?

thanks in advance

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: H264 MP4 video support
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:48:46 pm »

- Coppermine runs Divx, flv fine out of the box, but i would like to run a couple of home vidoes that are in H264 MP4 format, is there a way to play them in coppermine without the need to convert them to another format?
- Is it possible to change the default player from the Windows Media Player to something else? or is that user specific?
- This might not be related, but if a web application like Coppermine did not play a certain video format, does this *always* mean its a problem with the web application? or for example, apache2 or php has to support that certain video format?
Coppermine doesn't play video files, but your system does. It's also system dependent which player is used to play that file. Maybe you want to try that plugin. I currently don't know if that player is capable of playing H264 files.

Nizar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:14 pm »

thanks for the reply André,

the plugin worked really good as it should be, i have one more question though, what about files that are in *.M2TS format? my hd movie camera uses *.M2TS when it records, is it possible to play them in coppermine as well?

i think they are called "RAW" files..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:58:48 am »

I don't know. As already explained it depends on your client system and not on Coppermine. Generally you can upload any file type to Coppermine. If the visitor can handle (= decode and watch) that file is out of Coppermine's scope.

Nizar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »

ah yeah, i understand that part, but my problem is that coppermine doesnt let me upload *.m2ts files from the uploader or the batch file section.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 12:59:28 pm »

You have to add this file type with the filetypes editor plugin and allow that file type in Coppermine's config.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.