Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another home page question  (Read 4485 times)

paulgul

• Coppermine newbie
Another home page question
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

Hope I've got the correct board,  ;)
Here is a link to my temporary gallery http://www.paulgulliver.co.uk/Coppermine/index.php
At the bottom of the page is individual thumbs for last additions, is it possible to create an album (with a single thumbnail) to hold these files and have the album automatically updated with just the last additions and perhaps deleted from that album after a set period of time. It would make more sense for a regular visitor to be able to click on the "latest" album and would make the first page seem less cluttered for new users. Is there any other way of marking new uploads - say with a star - just for a fixed period from upload (example 1 month)
Thanks, Paul

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Another home page question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »

Please choose a meaningful subject for your next support requests.

Are you looking for that meta album: http://www.paulgulliver.co.uk/Coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=lastup ?

paulgul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »

When users come to my home page I want them to see the standard categories and albums and also an album (single thumbnail) of the last uploads instead on the multiple thumbnails I'm seeing now.
Alternativly is there a way of marking the thumbnails of new uploads in some way so that users could see which images were new since their last visit

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:35:55 am »

and also an album (single thumbnail) of the last uploads instead on the multiple thumbnails I'm seeing now.
In that case I'd remove the lastup meta album from the content of the main page and add 'anycontent' instead. Then open anycontent.php and add some simple HTML that show a thumbnail with a link to the lastup meta album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.