Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error: (no access to any part of Cmine)  (Read 4563 times)

DenisG

• Coppermine regular visitor
Fatal error: (no access to any part of Cmine)
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:00:09 am »

Having installed 1.5.8 in another area of my website and liked it a lot, I decided to upgrade my main gallery which was running on 1.4.18 (I think!). When I went to my old gallery just to check it was ok before I backed it up, all that came up was a plain white screen saying Fatal error, nothing else. I link to all albums from my website as well and tried to access each one individually but the response was the same. Unfortunately, this meant I couldn't turn on debug mode the normal way from config. How do I turn on debug from my CuteftpPro program?

Stooopidly, I thought this would be the ideal time to upgrade so I followed all destructions, backed up the database by a dump, the 3 files/folders mentioned and tried again. Same result, Fatal Error and still no access to any pat of my Coppermine gallery. This sounds like a copy of the http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67031.0.html thread, if this is so, where do you do that sql thing which reads:  REPAIR TABLE gallery_sessions

I then double checked the upgraded version files against the other installation I used for testing "5" and although there are some rogue files from the old installation, everything "looks" ok although the old site was running on the highly modified Melting Film theme which I wish to change to Curve and then Curve_centred.

Can anyone assist, please nicely?, am I just getting too old now for Coppermine? ;)

My main Cmine gallery is at http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/

The trial version is at http://www.denisg.co.uk/scc/gallery/ and this is what I am aiming for but with the original cats and albums.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Fatal error: (no access to any part of Cmine)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:20:56 am »

Did you run update.php?

DenisG

Fatal error: (no access to any part of Cmine)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:22:56 am »

ADMIN: Sincere and absolute apologies, originally posted in "Permissions" by mistake, please delete that thread. I am stressed out trying to solve this!!!

Having installed 1.5.8 in another area of my website and liked it a lot, I decided to upgrade my main gallery which was running on 1.4.18 (I think!). When I went to my old gallery just to check it was ok before I backed it up, all that came up was a plain white screen saying Fatal error, nothing else. I link to all albums from my website as well and tried to access each one individually but the response was the same. Unfortunately, this meant I couldn't turn on debug mode the normal way from config. How do I turn on debug from my CuteftpPro program?

Stooopidly, I thought this would be the ideal time to upgrade so I followed all destructions, backed up the database by a dump, the 3 files/folders mentioned and tried again. Same result, Fatal Error and still no access to any pat of my Coppermine gallery. This sounds like a copy of the http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67031.0.html thread, if this is so, where do you do that sql thing which reads:  REPAIR TABLE gallery_sessions

I then double checked the upgraded version files against the other installation I used for testing "5" and although there are some rogue files from the old installation, everything "looks" ok although the old site was running on the highly modified Melting Film theme which I wish to change to Curve and then Curve_centred.

Can anyone assist, please nicely?, am I just getting too old now for Coppermine?

My main Cmine gallery is at http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/

The trial version is at http://www.denisg.co.uk/scc/gallery/ and this is what I am aiming for but with the original cats and albums.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:27:19 am »

Merged topics, as I already replied. Please don't double post in the future. We can move threads from one board to another.

DenisG

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:32 am »

Merged topics, as I already replied. Please don't double post in the future. We can move threads from one board to another.

Yes, sorry for that Andre.

Yes I ran the update.php, twice. The first time it seemed to refer to 1.4.10, second time listed as all done.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 11:36:33 am »

I couldn't turn on debug mode the normal way from config. How do I turn on debug from my CuteftpPro program?
You cannot do this with an FTP client program. Please read that: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/errors.htm#errors_debug_mode_manual

DenisG

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:22:20 pm »

Thanks Andre.

Debug mode now reads:

Code: [Select]
While executing query 'DELETE FROM `web13-coppermine`.cpg1410_sessions WHERE time < 1286961366 AND remember = 0' in bridge/coppermine.inc.php on line 248

mySQL error: Table './web13@002dcoppermine/cpg1410_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

This does seem a duplicate of the earlier thread I mentioned but I think that it was corrected FOR the original poster, it didn't actually state how or where to do it. The next step is??

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 12:31:34 pm »

Execute this command in phpMyAdmin:
Code: [Select]
REPAIR TABLE cpg1410_sessions

DenisG

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »

And where in phpMyAdmin do I do that?, I have never used this before, never had to so I am completely new to this :-[

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »

See attached screenshot.

DenisG

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »

Andre, you are a star, thank you very much indeed for your help :)

This should now be marked as solved.

This has now led to another error but I thought it would, a template error this time but that's a new question!

Thanks again.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 01:27:02 pm »

This should now be marked as solved.
You can do that yourself: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

template error
You have to upgrade your theme (or use another one) according to the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.