Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: cpgShop - a PayPal shopping cart  (Read 429113 times)

alex2310

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cpgShop - a PayPal shopping cart
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2012, 05:10:04 pm »

1. I just want, when i log in as admin, and i go to Users->Add new user, to see (and fill) the CPGShop fields. I only see the CPGshop field in "MY profile". I don't want to change my profile but i want to fill CPGshops fields in a new user's profile. Sorry for my terrible english...
2. Ok, i found it and i change it. I can't test it now. I will do it later

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:12 am »

There are no plugin hooks within the usermanager. Therefore I can't extend the backend there. To edit the the addional files as admin you need to use a tool like phpmyadmin and look for the user in question in the users table.

DirkG

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »

Small question about the resend invoice option.. I have a few orders on which the customer hasn't paid yet.
I resent the invoices but received them in my own mailbox for some odd reason (also addressed to me...). Is this just a resend notification or do I have to re-configure this option in order for it to work?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »

If I remember it correct, then you as admin will get a copy of the invoice when the config option 'Notify on new orders' is enabled.

DirkG

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »

That option is indeed enabled. Thanks! :)

EndlessQuest

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2012, 10:33:31 pm »

I need some help again.

I succesfully installed the shop on my gallery and everything works just fine. The only thing that is not correct, is that the emails the customer receives on the proces steps are not correct. If the status is set to "sent" the customer receives the email "processed" again. I did draft different messages (txt, html, pdf) for the different process stept. I can`t find out why the wrong message is sent?

Here is my gallery
www.richards-fotos.nl

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:36 am »

Please recheck your settings (shop admin -> documents) and verify if state_change_sent_txt, state_change_sent_subj and state_change_sent_html reflect the messages you want to send.

I checked on my end (testbed) and things work smooth.

jedart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2012, 08:34:46 am »

quick question - I found that PhotoShop does not work with 1.5.X - where can one get this cgpShop plugin - its not on the coppermine gallery plugin page ?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2012, 10:04:53 am »

It's attached to the very first post of this thread.

jedart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2012, 01:00:13 am »

Thanks. Seems to work fine for me. If I want to add currency $AU for Australia any tips?

jedart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:40 am »

Forget my previous statement - I figured out how to add a different currency by just updating english.php and cpgTools.php in the plugin.
I did notice that deleting an item in a cart will just toggle the checkbox - it seems like the delete above the checkboxes should be renamed to 'select all' and the delete should be a non hyperlink title under the select all. The way the delete hyperlink currently is gives the impression that after you select the checkbox and click delete you expect the selected row to be deleted not toggled on checkbox!
Also the edit cart button should really say 'update cart' since you are already able to edit the form, update just finalizes your editing.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2012, 08:29:04 am »

Thank you for your recommendations. I'll use them to improve the shop for the next update ;)

Somewhere within this thread I've described how to add other currencies. Just for the reference.

jedart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:15 am »

Thanks, I have updated the english.php module with the suggestions and other fixes, and corrected the english in the install.sql, happy to swap those for your process and ipn functions so I can get the downloads to work from the email. (RE: Just leave a message here and I will contact you using the forums private messaging system.)

jedart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »

I have also noticed that people can download the original, by bypassing the payment, when they see the filename on the intermediate file, or the shopping cart, especially if they know that the gallery is coppermine. Most times if they put the url of the gallery and add albums/userpics/10001/orig_<filenamedisplayed.jpg> they get instant access to the original.
Not sure if that is a bug or a back door feature - but seems to question why anyone would pay for a download if they worked this out? I'd still like the PROCESS DOWNLOADS and PAYPAL IPN if possible.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2012, 01:32:30 pm »

Areinu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2012, 12:03:13 am »

Hi, I've registered just to give you some feedback on this plugin. I'll start with critical bug, that makes the script unusable for me:

1) Once you get 36 pictures into cart(37 different images, not 1 image with value 37 in quantity) and try to add 37th new picture will overwrite 36th in the cart. Always. This means that once you get to 36 pictures in the cart you cannot add any more. Cart shouldn't be filled with just that :( There's no setting for max number of files per order, so I'm positive it's a bug.

Now, when we have that done, there are features and improvements that I would like to suggest:

1) Make it possible to set it so "Add to cart" button redirects back to the page with the picture instead of going to the cart. Also show notification "picture added", so the user will know it worked. With bigger orders going to cart every single time makes the plugin almost useless, as most users will give up after just few pictures.

2) Make it possible to "save order as draft" if you're logged in, so person can continue their order during few sessions(I know cookies remember the state of the cart, but I would like it to work between computers).

3) Make it possible in settings to activate "add to cart" button under the photos in miniature view, for quick adding.

4) Least important of all of them - ability to add many folders to the shop plugin at once. This has to be done only be admin and only once, so even though it was irritating for 200+ albums that I had on my site it's manageable.

Suggestions 1-3 are pretty important, as they increase the ease of use and make the plugin more user friendly. The easier it is to order stuff the more people will order, and the more money goes to the sellers. Even so I will be really happy if you just quickfix the 36 limit issue.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:41 am »

The 37 problem: hmm.. that's really bad. It's reaches the cookie limit and with the additional serialisation even faster. That means a bigger rewrite of the shop and not to store the basket data within the cookie but in the db. However that would make your feature request 2 a breaze (however I doubt that many people will use it).

Your suggested additional features:
1. There are probably just this two possibilities to handle the process (your suggestion and how the shop works atm). However it's a valid request and if you want to sell huge amounts of pics the better way.

2. see above

3. I have added something similar to the old shop (or I told some guy how to do it). However it makes the thumb view confusing and with the possibility of the options it'll be a mess. So I'm not yet sure about that.

4. atm you can select certain pics or the entire album (or all pics of the gallery). I know that it's lacking comfort and I already intended to add something on a per album basis with checkboxes.

Areinu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

Yeah, I reached conclussion it has to be cookies too, when I was checking out your code and testing yesterday. I increased cookie size to max on my server, and it helps at least in IE(went up from 37 to ~50), but doesn't help on chrome. I've never coded much around cookies, only modded some forum software before, so I'm not 100% sure if IE just go lucky with smaller data amount per photo, or the browsers store cookies differently.

I hacked a bit around you code yesterday and made first suggestion on my own. I just added header() after adding picture. I'll just make "Added successfully" string appear on the reloaded site if it finds such info in _GET. Simple, naive and not perfect, but enough for now.

I guess fixing the cart limit would require save() to insert into database instead of making cookies, and functions that take stuff from cookies would instead need to connect to database. That really seems like a lot of work, as it's complete change in the plugin logic :(

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »

It's not that bad... however it requires a lot of testing afterwards. The cookie's still needed to identify the customer.

In a few days I'll come up with a fix.

Areinu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

That's amazing news! Good luck with that :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.