Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Albums having only one user able to upload??  (Read 3986 times)

Joe Smith

• Coppermine newbie
Public Albums having only one user able to upload??
« on: October 03, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Ive read many topics and read many docs, about the question i will ask.

The link to my gallery is below.

<a href="http://hypeclan.clanteam.com/gallery/index.php?message_id=43ee9d1cacd91e3469c280f811cd87de&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock">LINK TO GALLERY</a>

If you noticed there are 4 albums under one category. Which is public.

For each album there is a user name.

I would like to be able to allow the album with that particular user name be able to upload to that album, and only that user name, every one else has permission to view and comment.

basically lets say i have public category and under that category i have 2 albums, one name test 1 and the other test 2. 
test1 and test 2 will also be registered users. i would like to have test1user be able to upload to test1album without test2user being able to. and visa versa.

is this possible?

or if that is not possible is this:

same question as above basically but for personal albums
say test1user and test2user have personal albums how do i set it up for those albums to be shown on a specific public category. 

both setups are the same out come but with dif ways of setting them up.
i need to know which one can be done and how.

I tried to be as detailed as possible i would like that same back. Thank you.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Public Albums having only one user able to upload??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:13:40 am »

I would like to be able to allow the album with that particular user name be able to upload to that album, and only that user name, every one else has permission to view and comment.
Unfortunately that's not possible in that way. Either all users (which belong to user groups that are allowed to upload to public albums) can upload to that album or just the admin (who created that album). But it's possible that you grant particular user groups to create new albums in public categories. If that's the case, the user can upload to public albums which he created himself.

same question as above basically but for personal albums
say test1user and test2user have personal albums how do i set it up for those albums to be shown on a specific public category. 
That's not possible. But why don't you just use user galleries? So everyone can upload to his user category and all files are in the same 'main category'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.