Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch uploaded photos into a directory under userpics -- what now?  (Read 3172 times)

curmudgeon

• Coppermine newbie

I created a gallery some months ago by batch uploading about 600 photos into a directory under the userpics directory. I haven't noticed any problems but I've just learned that the uploaded directory should not be under the  userpics directory.

Is there any way I can now make things right without losing all the photo captions I've added?  What's likely to go wrong as a consequence of my mistake if I do nothing?

-- curmudgeon

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch uploaded photos into a directory under userpics -- what now?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 12:47:59 pm »

If it's still working, then leave the pics where they are.
But do not upload any more pics to the userpics folder, create new folders in the albums folder, and put them there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

curmudgeon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:06:51 pm »

Thanks, Casper, for replying.  But now I'm worried that this mistake is going to come back and bite me somehow -- or should I just not worry and be happy?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:10:08 am »

I made this same mistake when I first started.  It was only when it started to refuse to upload that I realised. 
The pics that are already in the database, safely stored on the server, should be fine, and not cause problems. 

If you really feel you must move them, it is not easy, unless you simply use coppermine to delete them, and then re-upload, but that loses all your comments etc.  If they are all in specific folders, you could move the folders, and then run a query in the database to change the paths, but U wouldn't recommend that.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

curmudgeon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 12:46:39 am »

Thanks for those reassuring words, Casper -- please let me ask one more thing and then I'll be quiet. Do you think upgrading to CPG 1.3 will cause me grief because of this lurking misconfiguration?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 10:25:54 am »

No, not unless there are still pics in these folders you have not added and want to do later.
In version 1.3, the userpics folder is not shown when using batch add.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.