Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update.php not doing anything ?!  (Read 3614 times)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Update.php not doing anything ?!
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »

Hi guys,
   I FINALLY took the time to upgrade my coppermine today from 1.4.?? to 1.5.8.   I followed all the upgrade instructions. 
BASICALLY, once I uploaded the 1.5.8 files and went to run the update.php, it just stayed in a loading state.  I closed it after about 10 minutes. 

Then I tried doing the same thing using internet explorer, and I actually got that page to verify my identity.  I thought it was working, but once I put that it it does the same thing.  Continually "loading".  (I guess the reason it didn't ask in Firefox was because I was already logged in to the site before starting the upgrade)

I turned on debug mode.   My guess would be that the update.php isn't working, but isn't it wierd that it doesn't give an error message or time out ?? Should I just let it run for longer ??  (like I said, I stopped it after 10 minutes or so, tried it more than once)

Gallery is at www.demotivationalpics.com ..  15,000 + pictures. 
I'd appreciate any advise !

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Re: Update.php not doing anything ?!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:26:14 pm »

I started running the queries in update.sql manually in phpmyadmin and got a large chunk of the site back up, but there's still a bunch of error messages.
Should I be running the queries that are in basic.sql and schema.sql ?

At this point, I'm going to start restoring the old version of demotivationalpics until I get some answers.... I had a feeling something like this might happen. :)  (It'll take hours for the restore to work too, it's a 25 gig backup)

Thanks for any help you can send this way ! :)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Re: Update.php not doing anything ?!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »

I got it up and running.  Not sure what I did wrong, I basically just repeated the procedure. 
There are still issues, but I think it's all things I can figure out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.