Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI video Stopped Playing  (Read 2812 times)

webjunk

• Coppermine newbie
AVI video Stopped Playing
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:33 pm »

The Coppermine is password protected and do not want to post the password here so that is why the link is not included.
Just trying to help someone out.

Nothing was changed for the past week or two and everything worked fine and are running the current version of Coppermine.. They are using Flash Media Player plugin, for flv files and all was great in the world. WMV, AVI, and Flash all worked with whatever appropriate player. Yesterday or today the WMV videos still work with Windows Media Player as before. But AVI loads the player but does not play at all. FLV (Flash) videos looks like they are trying to pull something down but never loads either.
I looked at the file and directory dates and nothing is new. The CHeck Version came up fine. I tried disabling the Flash Media Player plugin, and that did not help either and the AVI's do not use that plugin. Looked through the Configuration settings and all looked perfect. The person who owns the site has not even logged in for weeks.
Even uploading a new FLV video will not load.

Anyone have any ideas of what to check?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: AVI video Stopped Playing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:39 pm »

A link will still help us as there are always things we can check.

In this case you need to look at what might have changed. If the owner has not touched anything then the most likely candidate is the host.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

webjunk

• Coppermine newbie
Re: AVI video Stopped Playing
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:02:18 am »

On my third phone call to the Hosting company (who kept stating that no changes were made to the server) the third guy found an error on the server log and fixed the problem. He then admitte some "Security mods" had been made to the server.
Appreciate the reply though. Had a hard time believing it was Coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.