Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch upload - influence by comma and parenthesis  (Read 8927 times)

rick945

• Coppermine newbie
Batch upload - influence by comma and parenthesis
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:10:46 am »

I didn't have this issue in the 1.4 version before but when i upgraded to 1.5.x I am having trouble uploading when there are comma and parenthesis "," "()" in the folder name. I have tried renaming the folder without comma and parenthesis and it works fine, but when i put back the comma or parenthesis it doesn't work.

I want also to add some photos to the folder that has parenthesis in the filename before but can't upload them due to this issue. Renaming the folder will break the like of the previous upload. Attached is a sample of folders with parenthesis that i can't add more photos in.

I red a similar issue in here http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,66331.0.html but wasn't clear enough for me coz i have followed all the instruction and not having this problem in the folders that's not having comma.

Yes my Gallery is already online now here: http://gallery.silp.org.ph/index.php

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Rick

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch upload - influence by comma and parenthesis
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 01:50:24 pm »

What's the problem of uploading new files to another folder? Coppermine doesn't care where the files resides on file level. You can add files from different folders to the same albums. That's all what cares imo. If you want to have them in the same folder anyway, you'll have to rename that folder(s) and apply that change(s) to all entries in the database, too.

rick945

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:46:19 am »

Ok, Do i understand that in Coppermine version 1.5 is impossible to use comma "," and parenthesis "()" in the folder name at the back end anymore?

Situation:
I have hundreds of category folders with parenthesis in the filename that was accepted in the previous version of Coppermine, Now i need to add album folders inside this category folders with parenthesis in the filename, but the batch upload won't read the photos inside this category folder with parenthesis in filename.

Yes your right, renaming the folder and update the database will solve the uploading problem but i have hundred of category folder with parenthesis in filename and at least five album folder inside each category folder will be affected.
That is how much work i need to do in the process you are suggesting, that's why i want if possible that comma and parenthesis in the folder filename will be supported also in Coppermine 1.5.x

But anyway, Thank you very much for giving time in this query, i appreciate it, i understand you are not just dealing with one problem.

I will see what i can do.

Thank you

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:35 am »

I still don't understand why it's important to use exactly that folders. Coppermine doesn't care in which folder the files resides. You can add files to any album independent from your folder structure.

I assume the use of comma and parenthesis in folder name has been dropped for security / stability reasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.