Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing Subfolders  (Read 6683 times)

kprescott

• Coppermine newbie
Viewing Subfolders
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:14 pm »

I really was not sure where to post this or even where to look for the answer (although I have tried to find it). How can I make it so that the subfolders in my gallery are not viewable. For instance: domain.com/albums/events --- if someone types in the address, they're able to view all of my folders and files (even though I have the gallery set to register for anyone to view files). How can I make it so when they type in the subfolder address, it sends them back to the main page?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

kprescott

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Viewing Subfolders
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »

Sure, sorry about that.

http://gettofuck.com/nowuknow/
That's a link to my gallery. As you can see you have to register for access. But if you link directly to the subfolder: http://gettofuck.com/nowuknow/albums/events/
you're able to click on folders and images. How can I make it so that people are unable to see the subfolders and they're re-routed directly back to the mainpage?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Viewing Subfolders
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »

I thought you meant though Coppermine. Your asking how to stop directory browsing.
That really isn't what this forum is for but asking your host or a search (turn off directory listing) on Google will give you a few options.

One says add
Code: [Select]
Options -Indexesto your .htaccess file.

You would put that .htaccess file in the nowuknow/ dir.

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.26 (stable)-->
You need to at least upgrade to 1.4.27

1.5.8 blocks directory browsing automatically if you decide to upgrade to 1.5.x as support for 1.4.x ends in December.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.