Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP Publisher, how to use it?  (Read 52266 times)

fhyre

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.antimedia.info/
XP Publisher, how to use it?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 09:31:03 pm »

so GauGau, have any idea about my problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 09:44:55 pm »

This is not a hotline :x ! If I don't answer your question there may be a reason. Allow some times for supporters to answer (days, not hours).

In your special case, the reasonwhy I didn't reply is: I don't have Windows XP, so I've never looked at the XP publisher, and probably never will. Should I have posted "I don't know"? Would you have been happier then?

GauGau

fhyre

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.antimedia.info/
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 04:41:41 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
And how is this related to the XP-publisher? This thread deals with the publisher only, in no way related to login/logout/integration. Next time, reply to the appropriate thread. :evil:

Quote from: "gaugau"
I don't have Windows XP, so I've never looked at the XP publisher, and probably never will.

And how was that related to XP-Publisher?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 07:57:05 am »

flame off, back to the subject of the thread please.

GauGau

knik

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.d-vine.org
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 04:33:41 pm »

so I found out how it works..

I pushed the button " publish on the web"

And then I got the wizard.. seems fine.

But then I got the message that there's no internet connection or a false webdirection. In dutch because I'm dutch but I tried to translate.

I also have a problem with regularly uploading. But as far as I know that hasn't got something to do with it. Because the error I got with "regularly uploading"  is :

Error
Only files with the following extensions are accepted :

With Love,
Nikki

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2004, 06:00:51 pm »

Nikki, did you follow all the instructions of xp_publish.php.

I asked on another thread, which version of coppermine are you using, I get the impression it's 1.3beta.  We need to know this, as the upload procedures are different for this newer version.

Also, please do not keep repeating the same problem on different threads.  This is the third thread were I've read about your file extension problem.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

gijs_schouten

• Coppermine newbie
Re: XP Publisher, how to use it?
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 04:53:27 pm »

Hello there,
I've just started using coppermine and really like it alot.... I would like to make the xp publish method available for my users, because that makes it a lot easier for them. I've tried it myself and it works perfectly! The only problem i have with it, is that i want my users to be able to upload in certain specific public albums i've created. But only admins have the option of uploading in public albums as far as i've found out... can anyone help me to give regular user  the option of uploading in public albums and not just their own?

thanx

www.gijs-design.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004, 05:38:13 pm »

your question is not related to xp_publisher, but should have been posted with a subject like "how can users upload to public albums". If you would have searched the board, you would have found out that there are plenty of threads dealing with this question.
To create a public album everybody is allowed to, refer to http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=createPublicAlbum#createPublicAlbum
It's the same for a special user group, just set the permissions for this special group instead of the unregistered/anonymous group.

GauGau

gijs_schouten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2004, 05:55:54 pm »

thank you for such a fast response.. i have read the forum some more and indeed have found some answers to my question. sorry for not reading enough first...

my problem was/is however indeed related to xp_publish... I have found a topic inwhich an alteration was made to the xp_publish.php to give registered members the option of uploading to public albums... I had given them the right to do so but the albums never apeared in the wizard... Now i've made the alterations, the albums apear in the list, but when a member tries to upload to one of those albums the files are not uploaded at all.. no error or anything, not in the wizard or in the log file...

so it is still a bit of a mystery to me...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2004, 06:21:54 pm »

post a link to th thread you're refering to.

GauGau

gijs_schouten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 07:33:30 pm »

Here U go:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2584

that was the topic i was talking about...

i have made the changes that are suggested here, but i still can't upload to the public albums as a registered user whilst this works fine trough the webinterface...

i would love to offer this functionality to my users...
thanx for helping out

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2004, 06:53:56 am »

can't tell, since I don't run Windows XP. Casper, care to take this over?

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2004, 04:17:24 pm »

OK,
I have discovered that my xp_publish has reverted to only allowing uploads to the users private albums, regardless of wether the mod is applied or not ???. My uploads do appear.

I don't know the cause of this change as yet, but will look into it, with my limited understanding.

My best advice though, is wait for version 1.3, where multiple uploads are available to all users.

[ps, off topic.  can anyone tell me how to get rid of all the test entries from my xp_publisher_wizard.  I now get loads of icons for each gallery  ??? /off topic]
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

gijs_schouten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2004, 05:53:15 pm »

Not to push anyone.. but any idea when v1.3 could become stable?

in the mean time i think i'll just have to give every user his own album.... i don't really feel like it but this is not working...

thanx for the effort!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2004, 06:58:12 pm »

I find it to be very usable now, and have no problems myself.  Have a look at the test/bugs board, to see whats going on.
It is difficult to say exactly when it will be ready for full release, but imo the only things that need to be sorted are a couple of problems with bridging to a bb. 
So if you don't want that, You could do it now. 
But remember there is no support yet, so make sure you back-up so you can revert to 1.2.1 if necessary.  Also read the stckies at the top of the 1.3 board.

gijs_schouten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2004, 07:52:26 pm »

Ok then... thanx for the tip casper, i'll give it a try right away!

sharkey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 09:50:00 am »

[ps, off topic.  can anyone tell me how to get rid of all the test entries from my xp_publisher_wizard.  I now get loads of icons for each gallery  ??? /off topic]

Is this what you're talking about?

If so you just need to delete the registry entries under this line.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PublishingWizard\PublishingWizard\Providers\

<off topic> I couldn't upload and then found it was a imagemagick issue! </off topic>

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 10:06:02 am by sharkey »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.