Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After upgrading, hard time uploading large files.  (Read 5456 times)

grumpyx07

• Coppermine newbie
After upgrading, hard time uploading large files.
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:02:47 am »

I recently upgraded my gallery to the latest version, and am now having a problem uploading large files.

My host has a limit of 8MB max file size, so I have my gallery set as:

Max size for uploaded files 4096KB ... before that it was 2048KB
Max width or height for uploaded pictures 6000 pixels

I am trying to upload a few files...

Dimensions are (1)  2000x1333/488KB, (2)  1480x2061/970KB or smaller ... nothing even close to 2000KB. They upload to the website just fine and even show up when I do a batch add, but fail when I try to move them into the selected folder. I re-sized image (1) to 1999x1266/1.01MB and it worked. Am I missing something? Isn't the re-sized photo a larger size?

Before I upgraded, I was able to upload files 2800x3729/1.09MB. So I don't understand what's going on, everything I'm trying to upload looks way under the limits sets up unless my math is off and I don't understand KB vs. MB.

My gallery is located at - http://www.othgallery.com ... I don't allow users to upload files.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

grumpyx07

• Coppermine newbie
Re: After upgrading, hard time uploading large files.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 12:44:51 am »

Sorry about that, I thought I had checked all the docs before posting. Here is the test info:

user name: tester
password: test123

As for the memory usage, I read that and if like I said above the file 2800x3729/1.09MB and larger have uploaded in the past why won't (1) 2000x1333/488KB, (2) 1480x2061/970K? I'm sorry I don't understand that. And the chart you linked doesn't match up with that.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:36:47 pm »

They upload to the website just fine and even show up when I do a batch add, but fail when I try to move them into the selected folder.
I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly. I assume you're using FTP to upload files to your webspace and then try to add them with the batch-add functionality? Please describe what exactly you are doing and what exactly happens.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 01:43:07 pm »

Just made some tests:
- 4211x3060: Internal Server Error:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.
- 1600x1200: uploaded successfully
- 2560x1600: blank page
- 4211x3060 (the same image as the first): blank page

I assume we have some memory (limit) problems here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.