Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a column to the right side of Curves in CSS or HTML  (Read 3545 times)

fusionx

• Coppermine newbie
Adding a column to the right side of Curves in CSS or HTML
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:09:54 am »

Hello all,

The site is http://www.primanudes.com (WARNING: adult content). (btw - if you visit the site, you may get a malware warning from google. The issue is resolved - my OpenX install was hacked. Upgrading OpenX and fixing the problem was what finally motivated me to update Coppermine).

I've just finished upgrading to 1.5.8, and I've added most of my changes back in.

The one that is stumping me the most is adding a column to the right side, with the top vertically aligned with the "category" row in the current layout. It's pretty self-explanatory, but I added a simple image to show where I want to put the column.

In the old version, I was using IGames, which used an HTML template, eg, standard tables in the template.html file for the theme.  Adding a TD and modifying the table was trivial.

In the current version of Curves, I can not figure out what needs to be done to add the column.

In looking around, I see the {GALLERY} section is where the main table (class=maintable from the CSS) is created. I'd love to modify that in the theme somehow but can not figure out how or where to do so. I've tried searching the forums, but the search won't consider the brackets, so I get hundreds of pages with the word "gallery".. of course :)

I know I can hack up core code and make it work, but that really makes me cringe! I hacked up the 1.32 version, and upgrading to 1.5.8 was NOT trivial with all my hacks. I don't want to go down that road again!

Any pointers to information on overriding layouts in 1.5.8 would be greatly appreciated.

I'd gladly pay for the customization if anyone wants some quick $$.

Thanks in advance!

--jeff

fusionx

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Adding a column to the right side of Curves in CSS or HTML
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:05:19 am »

Just an update. I've tried using $template_cat_list in my theme.php, but the way it works around the various possibilities, eg, no album, header row, etc, is making it very difficult to figure out. I'm very close, except there is always some issue with repeating columns or cells, or gaps in the column.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Adding a column to the right side of Curves in CSS or HTML
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 02:04:28 pm »

What exactly do you want to display? Some album related information? Or do you want to add a column that is displayed everywhere in your gallery?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.