Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little help with inspekt  (Read 2885 times)

maxxer

• Coppermine novice
Little help with inspekt
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:26:33 am »

First off, I realize inspekt is not explicitly supported - but I'm just trying to locate a makeSupeCage instance and having trouble.
Here is a link to the gallery:
http://toimoietbebe.com/concoursphoto2/

I'm on a quest to add a vote button underneath each thumbnail. An inelegant solution, but one i think would  work, is to pass an extra variable through GET to display.php to automatically trigger the rate(this) function.
I read over the inspekt documentation, and if I understand correctly, I need to register a new variable (in this case $vote)
But I'm really having a hard time finding where you register the superCage elements for the thumbnails

any pointers from the experts here?
thanks a ton.

maxxer

• Coppermine novice
Re: Little help with inspekt
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 07:19:14 am »

okay. so I'm an idiot.
  i couldn't get

$superCage->get->getAlpha('vote');

to work properly, assuming that there was somewhere in some file where I had to declare an array of GET variables to wrap in the inspekt supercage.
however - this is NOT how it works.

$superCage->get->getAlpha('[myvariable]');
will work to retrieve any variable (albeit with an alphanumeric filter in this case) properly passed in the URL 

my problem was merely that i was adding my new variable to the end of the URL i.e. after the page anchor (in this case #top_display_media)

*sigh*
that was like 3 hours of banging my head against the wall. 

this is obviously nothing to do directly with coppermine, apologies for cluttering the board

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Little help with inspekt
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:04:53 am »

Thanks for coming back and solving your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.