Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin Suggestion: Image Tagging  (Read 4545 times)

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
Plugin Suggestion: Image Tagging
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:18 pm »

I have been wondering about the possibility of being able to tag portions of images with information. For example in my gallery here:

http://www.railways-in-miniature.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=66&pid=1169#top_display_media

this image is a large panorama. In it as you move around are lots of mountains, most of which have names. I would like to be able to have it so that if you hover over a portion of the image, say a mountain, or other important section, with the mouse, it would display a comment about that section.

The comment could be displayed for example by overlaying an png or gif image over the top of that small section when highlighted. The small overlay image could be mostly transparent, but have text written on it, or information desired. Granted the tag images would probably have to be edited by the user from a template of some kind and then uploaded so the plugin could use them.

I am unfortunately not sure how to do this - its a case of an interesting idea but not the skills to code it. If it could be made I believe that it would prove a useful tool for many users.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Plugin Suggestion: Image Tagging
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:49:59 pm »

That's possible with the Annotate plugin, but unfortunately it's not compatible with 360 degree panoramas.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:57:27 am »

Somehow I missed the annotate plugin. Its a shame it doesn't work with panoramas, but it will certainly come in handy for other images in my gallery. Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

Its a shame it doesn't work with panoramas
It works with 'normal' panoramas (the wide pictures with the scrollbar), but I hadn't found a way yet to make it compatible with the 360 degree panoramas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.