Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keywords for a gallery  (Read 6011 times)

DizzyG

• Coppermine newbie
keywords for a gallery
« on: June 08, 2004, 05:39:55 pm »

I've recently been going through my pictures and trying to add keywords so that people can search for things. There are some albums/galleries that are all of one subject. I'd like to just be able to add a keyword to the gallery, so if I have all the pictures of my boat in there, I can put "boat" as a keyword for all of the pictures instead of having to go through each picture and adding that word to the picture.
Does this make sense? I hope you understand what I'm asking for.
I know it's too late for the next version, but...you know, future releases
Thanks a ton

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Re: keywords for a gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 07:48:09 am »

The next version that is 1.4 will have Album keyword feature which will allow users to add same picture to more than one album. It will not work the way you are saying though. All pictures (from any album) having one of the keyword same as the album will be shown in the album along with the pictures of the said album....
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

skybax

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 05:22:30 pm »

I think I understand what you're saying... 'cause I want to do something similar. I am working on another mod at the moment, but this is what i've come up with for SQL so far to make it so that you enter 1 keyword and it populates all images within 1 album. I am also looking to see if it's possible to do this to a complete category as well... but not that far into it yet...

SQL to update db
Code: [Select]
UPDATE `cpg131_pictures` SET ` keywords` = 'keyword1 keyword2 keyword3' WHERE `aid` = 'album_id';

This will be an extension of: Clickable Keyword Search: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8726.0
(http://www.skybax.com/hotImage/post_footer.gif)
Don't contact me for support over PM or email unless I requested you to do so. Instead: post on the proper board.

cxprod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 12:34:24 pm »

Would it possible to modify the album properties page & the search dispaly to give keywords to an album as a whole instead of the keywords to
the individual photos?
like lastalb (album)  instead of lastup (file) in the content list
I'd like to lump the keywords together as I lump the updates together in their album...

For example.. I have pics of Katie...

She has 6 albums..
If a user wants to see all the albums katie has photos in ... they could click on the "Katie" keyword and have a list of her albums show up instead of every file that she is in (photo, video, etc....)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »

something similar to what you're requesting will be in cpg1.4.x (next coppermine version, no release date known yet).

Joachim

cxprod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 04:47:37 am »

Ok thanks... if its similar and not exactly what I posted ... should I post on the general board for help on getting this to work for me.. or is this virutally impossible to do until 1.4 is released?

I'm just looking for help on how i can modify the script so that this will work.

I did a search for keywords and albums and go this thread... I realized it was the suggestions board but it seemed I didn't belong on the mod board... does this belong in skins/themes etc...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 07:58:07 am »

there will be no mod for cpg1.3 to accomplish this, you will have to wait for cpg1.4. If you can't wait, you're free to check out the devel branch of the cvs (on your own risk though, there's no support for the devel version yet).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.