Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which css entriesd to change to modify width ?  (Read 5765 times)

Tahooma

• Coppermine newbie
Which css entriesd to change to modify width ?
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:29 am »

Hi
I would like to modify the width of coppermine ?
I want the whole coppermine to be e.g. 1000 px.

Tried myself some variables, but did not change anything :(

Thx and br
Christian

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Which css entriesd to change to modify width ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:56:02 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery as requested by board rules.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:40 pm »

In this case a link is essential so we can see your theme and advise accordingly.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DenisG

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:50 pm »

Seems like the original poster solved it themselves or has lost interest. Anyone object if I bring it back to life with exactly the same question?

I have been with Coppermine since v1.2.xx I think and my existing gallery is fine and stable in v1.4.xx although perhaps not the last 'mandatory' version. http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/

In order to try v1.5.xx I have put it into a new folder on my site to see if I like it and if I can work with it. Like?......very much. Work with?.......new language of html, php and particularly the css are leaving me way behind. First impression is I am way too old for this now but I refuse to give up. In 1.4, I found it reasonably acceptable to get it nearly how I wanted it to be. I am not after a match for my existing site as now I have found Curve I might work backwards this time and attempt to make my website like the Coppermine gallery if I can make that look the way I want it to. I am having a number of problems with layout but the most important starting point for me is to be able to get the whole Curve thing at 1000px wide. I changed many things and even tried the old simple single line of code in template.html as I did in 1.4, all to no avail and some startling unwanted results. My test gallery is at http://www.denisg.co.uk/scc/gallery/. The cmpg section is the correct width but I can't seem to bring the rest in :-[. Can anyone help?

Denis.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:15 pm »

Upload this theme to your website for a 1000px width.
All I did was add another div starting right after the opening body and closed it right before the closing body tags, with some inline styling to make it 1000px and centered.

edit-
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)-->
your other gallery is indeed very old. Please update it as you are vulnerable to attacks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:10:30 am by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:58:47 pm »

Dennis,

You could quite easilly create a theme to fit your site well leaving the current menu on the left with the gallery on the right. I might get some time tomorrow to have a quick crack but please create a new thread. Hijacking other threads is not considered good form old chap. ;)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DenisG

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:19:29 am »

Thanks Phill, apologies for hijacking, but I thought as it was a continuation of the original question it wouldn't apply. I'll try a new thread tomorrow.

Denis.

DenisG

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:42:16 am »

Upload this theme to your website for a 1000px width.
All I did was add another div starting right after the opening body and closed it right before the closing body tags, with some inline styling to make it 1000px and centered.

Thanks for that Jeff, most appreciated. Worked a treat with just the lines you mention. Same line I used in 1.4 only there it was table width!.......duhh......never occurred to me to use div.

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)-->
your other gallery is indeed very old. Please update it as you are vulnerable to attacks.

Not a hope!, at least until I get some time off work. Help on 1.4 is to stop shortly anyway, not that I am entitled to any using that OLD (like me) version. If I can get 1.5 close enough in appearance and layout then I will take that route. However, with a couple of thousand photos there you can forgive my hesitance in doing so. No upgrade has ever worked smoothly for me, once I lost >800 photos and the gallery had to be rebuilt from scratch. Now there is 2k at risk. Once I am happy with 1.5 I will upgade, promise! :), I just need to know what to change when I do.

Thanks for the help, for those using Curve at least, solved.

Denis.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 02:58:15 am »

If you start a new thread like Phill suggested with your 1.4.x theme compressed and attached I can start looking at it.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.