Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with usermgr.php  (Read 5558 times)

nyckiid

• Coppermine newbie
    • Belo Parties
Problem with usermgr.php
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:16:13 pm »

recently something happen in my gallery that when I'm logged in as the administrator and click on the Users Link  .. i receive a time-out  ..

as of two weeks it was working fine  ..   the usermgr.php is in the right location , and also thinking it may have been corrupted downloaded a new usermgr.php  and i still get the same result.

need someone to go over my files and find the error and fix it.

Also need help with my gallery receiving at least 30 to 50 daily spam sign ups from china to post spam comments.  already activated the "User registration requires email verification"  but they still get in   and now have the "Admin activation of registrations"  but is still annoying  especially since the usermgr.php aint working is hard to tell what is a real sign up or just a spammer ...   any suggestion to help fix this would be welcome .. maybe captcha or having the gallery block all Ip's from china , africa etc   

my Gallery is http://mrbelo.com/photos

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Problem with usermgr.php
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:13 pm »

You are a few versions behind so your site needs upgrading. You might as well just upgrade to 1.5.8. This will probably solve all your problems in one hit as it includes capcha protection out of the box. It will probably also save you the money getting someone to work on your site as upgrading should be a simple task.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nyckiid

• Coppermine newbie
    • Belo Parties
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:06:59 pm »

ok  .. so   who wants to upgrade the gallery for me  $30 via Paypal   ..  no i dont want to do it myself  ..  yes i heard is easy  .. but is Labor Day weekend in the US and im out !! lol   

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »

If you really don't want to upgrade it your self please post a thread on the freelancers board.

nevermind .... i should learn to read what board I'm on before talking.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:37:19 pm by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.