Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Comment  (Read 2244 times)

bobnorris

• Coppermine newbie
Image Comment
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:35:37 am »

Hi,

Is there a way to ask for a comment on an image upload for guests? Their images have to be approved but I would like a name attached.

I went to "Custom fields for image description (leave blank if unused) " and added "Name" and "Email" but it does not show when they upload their images?

bobnorris

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Image Comment
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:56:19 am »

I found out this is there for a registered user but Im not planning on having any. Can I give guests the same permission to the upload for.?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Image Comment
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »

If you allow guests to upload files to your gallery, they won't be able to add file details. This feature has been disabled as it's not possible to identify the user without fail (see thread). Additionally it may attract spammers to add textual content to your gallery. If you want to enable that feature anyway, find Coppermine's configuration table in the database and change the value of allow_guests_enter_file_details to '1'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.