Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for somebody to design a template.  (Read 9095 times)

raceface

• Coppermine newbie
Looking for somebody to design a template.
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:50 pm »

Hi, I'm working in the fine art industry and would like somebody to put my idea into work as a template. This is paid work.
I have a vision but would like a somebody to help make it work. Please reply with what your wage is.

The job would would require a custom home page, then just a coppermine gallery with subs...Nothing too extreme, besides the home page.
Need something that's user friendly.

Cheers,

raceface

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Looking for somebody to design a template.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:50 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,8170.0.html

Please post a link if you already have a site.
Do you have a budget?
Can you provide anymore details on your customizations?
You just want a theme?
Any examples similar to what you want done?
Any features you need not already a part of coppermine?
then just a coppermine gallery with subs
Subs?
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

raceface

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:50 pm »

Hi Jeff,

No site yet.
The Home page should be made up of the company logo(which I will provide) and the main image will be of home interior with art on wall. If possible insert a flash gallery in the art on wall so it flashes different images. - Thats it mainly for the home page.

Well the theme would be best as it would be easier for me to maintain yes?. I would like to throw in some plug-ins as well from the plug-in section.

As far as features we can talk more once the main template/site is started.  I do have some in mind.

Budget? ...Please name your price as to having this done and I will consider.

Cheers,

raceface

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:25:31 pm »

I would suggest you take a look at some of the many free web templates out there. Pick one that roughly fits the bill then come back with a copy of that. It will keep your costs down if there is a design to just modify rather than coming up with one from scratch. Or if you are good with photoshop then come up with the design and get someone to code it as a template. Either way it will help cut your costs and you are more likely to get what you have in mind.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

raceface

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

Thanks Phill,

I can do the photoshop idea of what I want for the main page etc...
I still need somebody to code this for me.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:36 pm »

When you say home page are you talking about the index page of coppermine ... or the main page of your website?
Which plugins would you like as some are not compatible with each other?
Any time frame you need this done in?

I will send you my contact information in a PM to get some more deals and discus prices.

edit - Phill beat me too it ... again  ;)
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

raceface

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

Hi Jeff, Thanks.

yes the Home page is what I mean. The rest can just be a basic coppermine interface. As far as the plug-ins...they would be
Image viewers- something trendy...with option of downloading a low res copy of that image. simple stuff to start.

We would just have to keep a color scheme in place. Thats it.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:25 pm »

pm sent.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 11:16:04 pm »

Jeff,

Nope, I'm not offering to do it. I very rarely do any paid work (only done 3 since I first discovered CPG) as I have more than enough in my day job. The one yesterday I just picked up for a couple of drinks as it was not going to take any time. Didn't meant to steal work away from others. Keep up the good work Jeff, you are doing a cracking job of support on the forums.

[OT]Whenever I comment on this board it is with the intention of helping users save money and help themselves. Many I am sure would be better off learning a few skills and doing the job themselves and those I tell so or try to point in the right direction. Others like this one obviously need help and we have some great freelancers who frequent these boards. We also have a few who take the piss and charge far too much. Again, I like to offer a little advice from time to time to help keep users costs down.

I know for sure I really annoyed a couple of freelancers who were offering their services for what was in my opinion an ott price. Those same freelancers also talked a lot of bull and when I made some comments I got some angry emails. No skin of my nose, I just like to be honest with our users. [/OT]
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:55 am »

@ Phill
I figured out you didn't want it after I read your post again. I had actually already completed the work for the one you did the other day and was just gonna give it to him.

No skin of my nose, I just like to be honest with our users.
same whether you make a comment or do the job it wouldn't bother me I'm only on this site in the first place because I wanted to learn more about php and spend my time doing something productive instead of playing games.

nitin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »

Hi , I was  browsing through google and came across this forum. If you are looking for some kind of template I can do it for you. I work with a technology called drupal which is very Google, Yahoo, bing etc friendly. This template will allow you to manage you content yourself and you will not have to contact me everytime you want to make changed to you site.

If you are interested please send me an email on cimexhost@gmail.com

I work for an It company and here are few stuff that I am currently working on

www.allhorseracing.com
www.jobfiji.com
www.hempfusion.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.