Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.5.6 online shopping options  (Read 5862 times)

outoftown

• Coppermine newbie
cpg1.5.6 online shopping options
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:22:14 am »

Hi all,
I've installed cpg1.5.6 and now find that the photo_shop plugin won't work.  I've also got a merchant account with Paypal and would like to be able to offer either prints or downloads of photos.  I've had a brief look at the Paypal hack, but not sure that it's what I want.  Is anyone currently porting the photo_shop plugin to 1.5.x? 

Cheers.

http://therockimaging.com/albums/index.php

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg1.5.6 online shopping options
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:38:17 am »

Is anyone currently porting the photo_shop plugin to 1.5.x? 
Afaik no.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:16:20 pm »

The Photo Shop Plugin initially was coded for packing CDs and selling them. Customers came into the office and picked up these CDs. There should be only the option to pack three types of CDs (different number of pics on them). No gateway, no pricing per pic, no options, no gateway etc. That's all. And initially I didn't intend support that shop as it was very limited.
Still I did further coding and added support for a bunch of stuff. However the limitations still exist. With a bunch of spare time I'd write a new shop from scratch. But that's a work of weeks. Foulus shopping cart system he published 2 years ago looked very promising. Unfortunately he stopped working on it. That weekend I ported it to 1.5.x, fixed some of its bugs, changed a lot of things, added functions and so on.
I guess in a few days I'll post an alpha version.

My plan is to make it a fully functional shop with basic paypal support.
For a small donation I intend to offer modules for PayPal IPN and picture download support. That's basically the Photo Shop difference between the two latest versions.

taucher_0815

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:10 pm »

Stramm, thats really good news...

Can't wait for that and really willing to donate!

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:46:44 pm »

Same here Stramm. It's the only reason I havent updated yet. I NEED that to work on my site.

imasonaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 09:08:12 am »

I am very interested in this aswell. I currently haven't moved to cpg1.5.* because it doesn't have support for photo_shop. I am using your v1.4.0 still. I really enjoy it and am looking forward to being able to use it with cpg1.5! If you need help testing a release or anything, I'd love to contribute to your project, it is VERY helpful.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.