Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Count Confusion after Upgrading to 1.5  (Read 5853 times)

steveski

• Coppermine novice
View Count Confusion after Upgrading to 1.5
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »

We recently completed upgrading to the latest 1.5 release.  "Last Updated Albums" are shown at the top of each screen (home, categories, etc).  However, the "view count" for the image thumbnail shown (random for each album) no longer reflects the actual "views" of that thumbnail image.  I actually can't figure out what it represents.  In older albums, it is 0, even though every image in the album has hundreds of individual views.  For more recent albums, the view count seems like it is accurate, except when I actually go that image - the views do not match at all.

Feel free to take a look: http://www.noiZemag.com/photos

Or......am I just misconstruing what this number actually is?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: View Count Confusion after Upgrading to 1.5
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »

Many are confused by that. There is a new feature that gives an album view count. Previously there was only an image view counter. When you upgrade as far as the system is concerned the albums have not been viewed. As you have a popular gallery the counts for some albums have gone up quickly while others have not. You can remove the album count feature should you wish (search for how to apply the change to your theme) or you can leave as is. Some people are not happy with this feature as they like people to think their gallery is very popular and a count of 0 on an album doesn't make it look that way.

As for lastup being at the top, is that where you want it? It sort of sounds like you are asking a question about that.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

steveski

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 09:49:12 pm »

Ahh, that makes sense.  Is it possible to edit the theme to use the "image count" rather than the "album count"?  If so, we'll do that.

As for lastup  - am good with it, was just stating where it was and what we were seeing.  Having the last updated albums at the top along with the image count is better for marketing (in my opinion), as it shows visitors what is hot first.  Thanks for the info.

lordxtina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 12:11:52 pm »

Many are confused by that. There is a new feature that gives an album view count. Previously there was only an image view counter. When you upgrade as far as the system is concerned the albums have not been viewed. As you have a popular gallery the counts for some albums have gone up quickly while others have not. You can remove the album count feature should you wish (search for how to apply the change to your theme) or you can leave as is. Some people are not happy with this feature as they like people to think their gallery is very popular and a count of 0 on an album doesn't make it look that way.

As for lastup being at the top, is that where you want it? It sort of sounds like you are asking a question about that.

Thanks.

It's {ALB_HITS}, right? What should I put instead?

lordxtina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »

^ I meant to say above - what should I replace {ALB_HITS} with so it would display the image count again?

I don't prefer this album views:

lordxtina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »

OMG, I figured it out now. :) Hopefully this helps other people :D

EDIT: include/functions.inc.php

Find:

if ($CONFIG['views_in_thumbview'] || in_array('hits', $must_have)) {
            $views = ($mode == 'albums') ? $row['alb_hits'] : $row['hits'];
            $caption .= '<span class="thumb_title">' . sprintf($lang_get_pic_data['n_views'], $views) . '</span>';
        }

And change to:

if ($CONFIG['views_in_thumbview'] || in_array('hits', $must_have)) {
            $views = $row['hits'];
            $caption .= '<span class="thumb_title">' . sprintf($lang_get_pic_data['n_views'], $views) . '</span>';
        }

And BAM! It's back to the image view count. ;)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:19:14 pm »

Close, but no biscuit. Copy the function to your custom theme.php file and do it there. Anything that is done in include/functions.inc.php should be overidden in your custom theme.php file.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:49:31 pm »

Copy the function to your custom theme.php file
That's not possible with functions from include/functions.inc.php. Maybe you can manipulate that value later with the theme.php file.

Marking as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.