Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change the displayed "file informations"  (Read 3845 times)

philippefx

• Coppermine novice
change the displayed "file informations"
« on: August 12, 2010, 02:33:53 pm »

Hi,

When selecting "Hide/show file informations", some informations appears.

I would like to select what appears here, to show only : the full photo link's URL and the file name. And thus don't show anything else.

How can I do that ?

Thank you !

philippe

Leonard Will

• Coppermine novice
Re: change the displayed "file informations"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »

There was a plugin for 1.4.x called "display fields" which allowed you to specify which fields were displayed. It does not seem to be available yet for 1.5.x, but I hope that it will be converted.

In the meantime I achieved this by modifying the function at ** Section <<<theme_html_picinfo>>> in my custom theme.php by inserting an "if" clause so that only the fields specified would print. I have custom fields named "Photographer", "Copyright owner" and "Date of picture". In place of

$html .= sprintf($template, $key, $value);

I now have

if (($key == 'Photographer') or ($key == 'Copyright owner') or ($key == 'Date of picture'))
{
}

Me400

• Coppermine newbie
    • StampCards Free Stamp Catalogue - by Benjamin
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:49:34 am »

Hi

Iīm so stupid that I canīt find how to post a new post so I "reply" to this one which is the most close to the subject.

Iīve made 4 custom fields for image description. Yes, I added also information for each of the 4 fields.
However how to I made the informatino to show up under the thumbnails?
Today it looks like this:
Thumbnail
picture file name
views
stars
votes

Where shall I go, and which box shall I tick or leave open to make all 4 rows of custom fields to be diplayed?
Many thanks, stupid Me400.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster

Me400

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:20:07 am »

Hey there,

I told you all that Iīm a stupid newbie. That wasnīt even a joke.
Your statement didnīt answer my question "how to post a message" but than+s for that info anyway.
I still canīt find a bottom for to make a NEW topic. Like: "Send" "Post" etc???? 
Anyone out there understanding my dilemma and can guard me out from where I am right now
and then I might get an answer for my 2 nd question which was:

How to make "the 4 custom fields for image description visible"?

Iīm so proud of myself that Iīve managed to integrate gallery 1.5.6 into my site
http://oddstamps.com/Free-Stamp-Catalogue.php
where you can see that the 4 fields doesnīt appear but the rest of the file info
and I canīt figure out why depend less reading all info and ticking and un-ticking all boxes.

Iīm a nice guy and do not double-post nor cross-post only keep my topic within the closest posted related topic
but it would be nice to be able to start a new topic and hopefully I will get some response for my second question as well.

Wishing you all nice weekend
Cheers

philippefx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:26:04 pm »

There was a plugin for 1.4.x called "display fields" which allowed you to specify which fields were displayed. It does not seem to be available yet for 1.5.x, but I hope that it will be converted.

In the meantime I achieved this by modifying the function at ** Section <<<theme_html_picinfo>>> in my custom theme.php by inserting an "if" clause so that only the fields specified would print. I have custom fields named "Photographer", "Copyright owner" and "Date of picture". In place of

I now have

if (($key == 'Photographer') or ($key == 'Copyright owner') or ($key == 'Date of picture'))
{
}

There was no "theme_html_picinfo" in my template, but I just copy this function from the "samples" theme directory.

And it works. Formidable. Thank you.

(BTW, could a mod remove the 3 upper off-topic messages ? Thanks !)

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 05:20:57 pm »

Your statement didnīt answer my question "how to post a message" but than+s for that info anyway.
My reply wasn't supposed to answer your question.

I still canīt find a bottom for to make a NEW topic. Like: "Send" "Post" etc????
Try this link for a new topic in cpg 1.5.x miscellaneous sub-board. The "new topic" button should be above "Last post" field, if not wait for a dev/moderator to see your question (but be aware, this isn't SMF's support board).

Anyone out there understanding my dilemma and can guard me out from where I am right now
and then I might get an answer for my 2 nd question which was:

How to make "the 4 custom fields for image description visible"?
Btw, your question is answered at least partly, in the docs (but as you should know, reading the docs is part of board rules).

Me400

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 04:57:56 pm »

Hi

Many thanks for to guard me to the right places.
Iīll study the docs again before making a new post.
For a newbie ::) it hasnīt been easy, however The Gallery is just so good that I just have to get it right.

Again, thank you very much - Iīm learning.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.