Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP COPPERMINE, OR SOMEONE??!!  (Read 7312 times)

Scattered

• Coppermine newbie
PLEASE HELP COPPERMINE, OR SOMEONE??!!
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:46:35 pm »

I'm completely over my head on this forum, but need to ask for help!
A friend of mine, who I have since lost contact with, set up a Coppermine powered photo gallery for me.
I have been using it for 2 years, uploading hundreds of photos during my travels.
Now, suddenly, it has dissapeared with the note:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Can anyone help me to retrieve my beloved photo gallery?
If I could get it back up and running I would happily pay whatever charges.

Here is the website address:

http://www.roundcorners.com/ryanandceri/gallery/

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!!!  ???

Nibbler

Re: PLEASE HELP COPPERMINE, OR SOMEONE??!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:40:46 pm »

You need to correct the db user information in include/config.inc.php. If you were unaware of the change then there is little chance you know what the correct details now are anyway.

You are asking for support, so don't post on a board named 'no support'. Please post your coppermine version so this thread can be moved to the correct section.

Scattered

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:53:07 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, sir.  :(
I take it this means my gallery is lost forever.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:31:58 pm »

It's probably still there, you just don't have the permission to access it anymore. Unfortunately the only person who can help you with this is the server admin where your gallery is located.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 05:43:29 pm »

Don't be afraid, your gallery probably isn't lost. Here's what you have to do to bring it back online: contact your webhost, ask them for your mysql access data. If you have them, you'll have to use your FTP app, download the file http://www.roundcorners.com/ryanandceri/gallery/include/config.inc.php, use a plain text editor like notepad to edit it, enter the missing mySQL data (that you should have gotten from your webhost by then), save the file and then re-upload it to your server (again using your FTP-app). If this is all alien to you, just contact your webhost to retrieve your mysql data. Then post your budget (by replying to this thread) so some freelancer can look into it.
As you have a default folder in your themes folder, you must be running cpg1.2.x, so you are using an unsupported version of coppermine that is very outdated. Once you have your coppermine install back up and running, you should upgrade to the most recent stable.
Moving your posting now from the "General discussion" board (where you shouldn't have posted in the first place) to the deprecated cpg1.2.x support board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.