Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cross linking images?  (Read 2688 times)

miffokarnevalen

• Coppermine newbie
Cross linking images?
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:05:03 am »

Hi!

I'm, using a pretty old version of coppermine and while I like it over all I have always missed a feature. I've been trying to find out if it exists in more recent versions, but I haven't been able to find out if that is so, so I hope you can answer or point me into the right direction.

What I would like to do is to cross link images between albums. Say that I go on a vaccation and take a few landscapes and a few family pics and... Then, when I upload them I would like to check multiple albums for each picture so that I can have an album where all vaccation pics show up, but the landscapes from the vaccation should also show up when clicking on the landscapes album.
Another example is if one want to have an album for all B&W images where both B&W portraits and landscapes show up, while they also should show up when browsing the portraits and landscapes albums respectively.

I know that I could upload multiple image files and place each in different albums, but that is a hassle to maintain and also uses more diskspace.

Is this possible to do in one of the current versions?

Thanks in advance!

sangyo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Cross linking images?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:59:50 am »

You can do it with Album Keywords.  See this section of the documentation:  http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_prop_controls_album_keyword

...but be aware of some limitations:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,63702.0.html

miffokarnevalen

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Cross linking images?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:49 am »

Thank you. I think that that would work for me. Even if it's not exactly the funtionality I would like regarding ease of use etc it would able me do a form of cross linking, at least. The limitation with key words will not affect me all that much... Now I only have to upgrade to a more recent version of coppermine. I hope that will be trouble free. :-)

Best regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.