Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: do not see option to rotate image in 1.5.6 installation  (Read 3025 times)

cdh

• Coppermine newbie
do not see option to rotate image in 1.5.6 installation
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »

Hello,

I have been using coppermine 1.4 on a server for quite a while and am pretty happy with it.

Now that I move to a new server, I decided it's time to upgrade my gallery to 1.5 by doing a clean installation and import all galleries manually.

Now I'm running 1.5.6 on this server (the DNS records do not yet point to this server, so i can't provide a link yet), and I have the issue that I don't see the option to rotate an image after i click the "crop and rotate" button: A popup window opens up with the "Coppermine Picture Editor", and I have the options to "Enable clipping, apply to crop", change the JPEG Output Quality, Preview, Save picture and Save as thumbnail, but I do not see the option to rotate the file, as I had in 1.4.

I have already disabled all plugins and changed themes to check if there was any compatibility issue with the used theme, but even using the default theme there is no change.

Does anybody have any idea on why I am missing this drop-down menu to rotage the files?

thanks
cdh

Nibbler

Re: do not see option to rotate image in 1.5.6 installation
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:45 pm »

For the dropdown to appear you have to be using Image Magick or you have to be using GD2 with support for the imagerotate function.

cdh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:51:34 pm »

Thanks for the response Nibbler, this pointer helped me solve my issue

I was using GD2 on the server, but I didn't know that there was a different version for imagerotation to work..

When doing further search, I did come across the following site that explains how to recompile the bundled php5 with imagerotation: http://cumu.li/2008/5/13/recompiling-php5-with-bundled-support-for-gd-on-ubuntu

I did however get an error message when i tried downloading the source, so i went "the easy way out" and just installed Image Magick (under debian using the following single-line command: "aptitude update &&  aptitude install imagemagick && aptitude install php5-imagick"), changed it in the CPG config and now i have the image rotation drop-down menu ;)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:48:40 am »

Great. Just for the record however, you don't need to install the imagick extension to use Image Magick with Coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.