Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Extract v1.2 for CPG 1.5.6 not working  (Read 12696 times)

Shane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
Final Extract v1.2 for CPG 1.5.6 not working
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:31:28 am »

site:  http://philmontforum.com/15test/cpg
test user name: test
test user password:  test123
Site is bridged to Joomla 1.5 via Mehdi's CPG bridge

I have installed Final Extract v1.2 on my test gallery, but cannot get the plugin to "remove" any menu items.  I am trying to get rid of the login/logout link.  Any suggestions? 

When I installed the plugin I did get the system message attached.  The plugin appeared to install correctly, and installed the database table correctly.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Final Extract v1.2 for CPG 1.5.6 not working
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:15:00 am »

Did you configure the plugin from pluginmgr.php? Btw, your login details aren't working but they aren't needed as configuring plugins needs usually admin privilegies (and do not post admin login details).

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »

Works for me as expected. I just installed that plugin on my gallery and removed successfully the login/logout button for guests.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:00:04 pm »

Please be sure to download the latest version from the repository, not the one from the now closed thread.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:23 pm »

I used version 1.2 from the thread and it works:
So we have a running Final extract plugin for cpg1.5.x. I suggest to remove version 1.1 and 2.4 from the initial post.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:25 pm »

OK, last time I downloaded it we had the wrong one. The thread is a bit of a mess confusing users.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:55:49 am »

I had read the final extract thread all the way through, and saw that the v1.2 file was the one to download and install.  I downloaded it from the thread and installed.  It did not work.

I just went to the file repository.  The only version of final extract in the 1.5.x plugin section is v2.4.  I downloaded it just now and attempted to install (I did uninstall and remove v1.2 first).  The .zip file uploaded okay, and appeared in the list of uninstalled plugins in the plugin manager.  I attempted to install.  Final extract installation goes to another screen with an "install" button.  I hit that button and nothing happened.  The plugin remains listed as uninstalled.

Any other thoughts?  And thanks a bunch for looking at my issue!

Shane

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 07:04:59 am »

I just went to the file repository.  The only version of final extract in the 1.5.x plugin section is v2.4.
That's not the svn repository, but our download section of sourceforge. The correct version is 1.2, as you can read in the thread. I tested it and it works. Please uninstall any other version.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:52:12 am »

Update:
Replaced version 2.4 with version 1.2 on sourceforge.net.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 01:09:21 pm »

I reinstalled v1.2 and still cannot get results.

I can PM an admin acct to someone if needed so you can take a look.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 01:23:03 pm »

I can PM an admin acct
Please send me the login data.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:30:01 pm »

PM sent.

Thanks Andre!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 01:43:30 pm »

I think it's the bridging that makes trouble. If I go to Coppermine's group manager, the guest group has the id 50. If I watch as guest at Coppermine's debug output, my group id is 150. I'm not familiar with bridging nor have looked at the plugin code yet. As an alternative you could just edit your theme.php and remove the login/logout button. Please read the docs and/or search the board if you don't know what you have to do.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:46:11 pm »

Thanks Andre!  I'll dig into the bridge code to see what I can mess up. ;)

I'll take the menu items out manually.

I appreciate the time!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »

Can you please resolve the thread if/when it's resolved for you according to the board rules? Thank you.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 05:46:31 am »

site:  http://philmontforum.com/15test/cpg

I am not so sure this issue is solved.  I posted over in the bridge support board and got an answer from Mehdi on the bridge.  So I got into my database to see what Coppermine had inserted as group information based on the bridge and carrying over the groups from Joomla.

The announcement thread for Final Extract says:
This plugin version comes with usergroup settings by admin panel: You can define for each usergroup the menu elements to display (or to hide). 
the  settings are done by admin panel.  If a new group is created , it is taken into account and can be also parameterized. 

The first attached photo is a shot of the cpg15x_usergroups table with the user groups carried over from Joomla via the bridge.  I DID change the group_id value for GUESTS from 50 to 150 manually in this table after reading Andre's reply above. (When I made that change and changed the same value on the cpg15x_final_extract_config table, the final extract plugin worked for GUESTS).

The second attached photo is a shot of the cpg15x_final_extract_config table as it existed before I made any changes to it.  Please note that only two of the group_id values match values on the cpg15x_usergroups table (119 and 150).  As I stated before, once I changed the GUESTS group_id value from 50 to 150 on these two tables, the final extract plugin worked for GUESTS.

The third attached photo is a shot of the cpg15x_final_extract_config table after I manually changed the group_id values to match the values on the cpg15x_usergroups table.

I then went into the site to see if any of the final extract plugin changes were visible for me as a super admin user.  No changes were visible.

I went into the final extract setup screen and edited the settings for the super admin group, saved the changes, then went back to the cpg15x_final_extract_config table to look for the changes.  Instead of changing the values for group_id 125 (super admin), a new line was added to the table with group_id value of 0.  See fourth attached photo.

I am confused as to why my user groups seem to be set up correctly on the cpg15x_usergroups table, but the values for these groups are not carried over to the cpg15x_final_extract_config table.

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »

This morning I rewrote the plugin's basic.sql file so that on installation it would load group_id information that matches the cpg15x_usergroups table.

Code: [Select]
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('119', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('118', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('150', '0', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('120', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('121', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('123', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('124', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `cpg15x_final_extract_config` VALUES ('125', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');

The settings above should hide the login/logout link for all user groups.  I logged into the site as super admin and am still presented with the logout link.

Here is the debug info:
Code: [Select]
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 62
    [user_name] => shane
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [0] => 125
        )

[0] => SELECT name, value FROM cpg15x_config [include/init.inc.php:181] (1012 ms)
    [1] => SELECT * FROM cpg15x_plugins ORDER BY priority [include/plugin_api.inc.php:53] (0 ms)
    [2] => SELECT name, value FROM cpg15x_bridge [include/functions.inc.php:4415] (0 ms)
    [3] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) AS disk_max, MIN(group_quota) AS disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) AS can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) AS can_send_ecards, MAX(can_post_comments) AS can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) AS can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) AS can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) AS has_admin_access, MAX(access_level) AS access_level, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) AS pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) AS  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg15x_usergroups WHERE group_id in (125) [bridge/udb_base.inc.php:321] (0 ms)
    [4] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg15x_usergroups WHERE group_id= 125 [bridge/udb_base.inc.php:325] (0 ms)
    [5] => SELECT lang_id FROM cpg15x_languages WHERE enabled='YES' [include/init.inc.php:329] (0 ms)
    [6] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cpg15x_favpics WHERE user_id = 62 [include/init.inc.php:387] (0 ms)
    [7] => SELECT home,login,my_gallery,upload_pic,album_list,lastup,lastcom,topn,toprated,favpics,search,my_profile FROM cpg15x_final_extract_config WHERE Group_Id=125 [plugins/final_extract/include/init2.inc.php:20] (0 ms)

Any idea why this does work for group_id 150 (GUESTS) but not for any of the other groups?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 05:05:28 pm »

I assume it has to match the groups table of the bridged application.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.