Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purge ecard log  (Read 6771 times)

RaptorUK

• Coppermine novice
    • F1 Album
Purge ecard log
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:51 pm »

My site  www.f1album.com

I had a problem with ecard spam a while ago so I disabled ecards (version 1.3.3).  Since then I have upgraded to 1.5.6

I now have a log of 48993 ecards that I would like to get rid of.  I tried disabling the ecard log and then re-enabling it hoping that it would be purged,  it didn't work.

I can go through 100 at a time deleting them manyally but it will take rather a long time,  can I simply empty the CPG_ecards table ?  I have the facility to do this from my Hosting Control Panel.  I didn't want to do it manually without asking first just in case it has some unwanted side effects.  ;)

Thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Purge ecard log
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »

You should be fine doing it with phpmyadmin. Make a backup of your database before you start though.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

RaptorUK

• Coppermine novice
    • F1 Album
Re: Purge ecard log
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »

You should be fine doing it with phpmyadmin. Make a backup of your database before you start though.

Thanks Phill

did a backup using MySQLDumper, then cleared the table using my Hosts Control Panel,  seems to have done the job,  sent a new ecard,  now I have 1 entry in the log   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.