Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I.E. and AOL Problems since upgrading  (Read 7556 times)

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
I.E. and AOL Problems since upgrading
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:22:13 am »

First of all I want to thank you for allowing me to ask for help on this forum. 

I recently had someone upgrade from 1.4.24 coppermine to the new 1.5.6 coppermine gallery bridge with PHPBB3.

At first everything seemed to go smoothly except I want to do some theme changes and it took me awhile to figure out how.  After a few days my members were alerting me of problems not finding the upload button, having problems seeing comments or being able to ad comments, and finally when they were doing searches to find their own photos the thumbnails on the page would show, but they would receive error messages that the photos could not be found.  I tried using the user's name and password to log in and everything worked fine for me.  I then asked what type of computer, what browser, operating system, etc. they were using.   I was using my MAC and using Safari where everything worked fine... But, everyone who had an issue was either using I.E. or AOL.  The attached files will show a member named Zsusanna logged in at the board index, she went to the photoshowdown coppermine gallery and even though she was logged in there is no upload button.  Another time when she was logged in she tried to do a search (see file selected albums) and found all her last uploaded files, but received the "selected album error" also attached.  This has happened to several member now... some who are still are not able to log in.

Here is my sites URL for coppermine: http://photoshowdown.com/main/coppermine/

Here is my PHPbb3 forum page: http://www.photoshowdown.com/main/phpBB3/index.php

Is there something that wasn't turned on or off that I'm not aware of in the upgrade.  The person was already paid and I cannot reach them anymore.  I'm hoping that it is just a stupid error of mine that I can fix in the config area.

I hope that I've followed all the rules.  I've checked and put everything I could think of to help explain the situation.

I might ad the my web host is 1and1 and if you need a user name and password - I would prefer sending those to you in a PM.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: I.E. and AOL Problems since upgrading
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:05:00 am »

Please create a test user so we can check.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »

Ok... test account has been created:  user:test_me  Pass:camera

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 08:16:30 pm »

Enable debug mode and perform the othe requested settings here - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm

Check the group settings and post a screenshot - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/groups.htm

Check the album properties and post a screenshot - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_prop

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 02:27:33 am »

Hello Phill -

I checked all the permissions on the albums and the albums/users was set to 755 - the album/edit was set to 777

Attached are the screen shots you asked for.  I'm not sure which album you wanted the screen shot for, but I took one of the album that members can enter photos to.

Gunther

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:47:59 am »

Take a look at the "Public Albums Upload" settings in your groups panel. I am certain that there lise your problem. For instance, that group was the test user you supplied in? If it was in "REGISTERED" then you have "Public Albums Upload" set to "No" and "Allowed Personal Albums" set to "No" so they will not see the upload button. You will need to run through the group settings and review.

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 03:02:43 pm »

I did a check on my Parallels, so I could see if it would work on I.E. from a PC perspective and it worked perfectly for me.  I will send a message out to several members to check and make sure it works for them as well, but I can see now what was set wrong.  Thank you!  Should I leave the settings to debug enabled, or would it be ok to turn this off, so I don't see all the extra code?

Thank you again  :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 04:22:32 pm »

If it working then turn it off.

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

This issue seems to be fixed now.  How do I close the thread and make it say solved?  Do I click the check mark?

Thanks - Gunther

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
Re: I.E. and AOL Problems since upgrading (Started acting up again!)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:12 pm »

Im not sure if I should start a new question, but the solution stopped working and the same issue still persists.  It was working yesterday and today it is back to the same problem.  I've attached new screen captures showing the error message and that the settings in groups were changed and are still at the changed settings.

What happened??

guntherize

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo Showdown
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »

Never mind the last message.... I went into my parallels and cleared out my cache and cookies and then it all worked again.  Funny that yesterday it worked and today it need the cache cleared.  Thanks and sorry... -G
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.