Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add issues - influenced by commas?  (Read 8878 times)

Luciana

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add issues - influenced by commas?
« on: July 31, 2010, 03:39:16 am »

I'm currently upgrading all my galleries, and didn't had this issue in any other.

My site is http://photos.annapaquinfan.org/

Tried both batch add method with enabled and disabled browsable interface. But when I select an album, and press OK, it backs to original main folder.

I though it could be a theme issue, changed to default curve theme, still the same error. Did the whole upgrade again, nothing has changed. But then I tried another album, and it works, so the only thing I can think is causing me issues are the commas in the folder name. The person who set this gallery and used to run it named the folder as "Galas, festivals, award ceremonies and others".

So, it's the commas what is causing me trouble to batch add? And if so, is there a way to enable the new version to work with it, as the previous did? Because I have something around 1000 pictures separated in another hundred of folders, and it will take me some time to re-add all files.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Batch add issues - influenced by commas?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:21:43 pm »

........ so the only thing I can think is causing me issues are the commas in the folder name. ......
So, it's the commas what is causing me trouble to batch add? And if so, is there a way to enable the new version to work with it.....
You have done enough testing to prove that it is the name of the folder causing you the trouble.
Folder names (which of course are different that album names) should never have illegal characters in the folder name. Generally only ".", "-", "_" are allowed.

I suggest that you replicate the offending folder with a new name. Then copy the files into the new folder. Afterwards then batch upload the files from the new folder into the album name that you are trying to preserve. Try it with one or two to begin with for testing, make backups first. Alternatively you could create a new album with files in a well named folder and use Coppermine to move those files into the album you are trying to preserve.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm

Luciana

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »

You have done enough testing to prove that it is the name of the folder causing you the trouble.
Folder names (which of course are different that album names) should never have illegal characters in the folder name. Generally only ".", "-", "_" are allowed.

I suggest that you replicate the offending folder with a new name. Then copy the files into the new folder. Afterwards then batch upload the files from the new folder into the album name that you are trying to preserve. Try it with one or two to begin with for testing, make backups first. Alternatively you could create a new album with files in a well named folder and use Coppermine to move those files into the album you are trying to preserve.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm

Thank you Joe.
That was my guessing, I just though it could be something different because it was working with 1.4 version. I never use this 'special' characters on folders or file names, but this one wasn't set by me.

Will try to move it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 03:11:42 pm »

Marking thread as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.